In this article we will take a look at the 25 easiest ways to reject a guy nicely. Click to skip our introduction and methodology and jump to the 5 Easiest Ways To Reject A Guy Nicely.
So you dated a guy, or you have a friend who wants more, but you don’t have the feelings but you also don’t want to hurt them. Rejecting someone always causes a difficult and awkward situation. It’s essential that we don’t hurt anyone’s feelings, but you have to be honest. Luckily, there are very smart ways to reject a guy nicely. For years psychologists and social scientists have worked on the problem of “how to say no.” Their findings are extremely helpful in figuring out new ways to say no in relationships and business.
If you can reject a guy nicely, he won’t take it personally, as it’s actually not personal. For some reason you don’t want to date him. A guy who can’t make your heart beat in high love can be the Mr. Perfect from dreams for someone else. That’s why it’s so important not to break his heart for all.
We have collected some excellent advice regarding the best tips on how to reject a guy nicely. Start with a compliment. For instance you can start with: “You’re a really good-looking and kind guy, but…”. Be honest. Don’t avoid, ghost or leave him in the dark. Being rejected is painful, but if you make it even worse by ghosting him, the situation will be much awkward for the guy.
In order to compile the list of the 25 easiest ways to reject a guy nicely, we consulted Reddit and Quora to find out the most popular ways to reject a guy without being hurt. These ways are the most popular and actually tried by thousands of girls.
25. “I am seeing someone else so this is not possible.”
This short excuse stands on the first spot on the list of the 25 easiest ways to reject a guy nicely.
24. “Right now I don’t want to be in a relationship as I have so and so priorities and I want to focus on them.”
Nothing new, but it’s a widely accepted rejection.
23. “You are a good person and I am sure you will find yourself a suitable match.”
It’s a cliché, but actually works.
22. “I am glad and amazed that you showed interest in me but the problem is I love someone else.”
Men generally appreciate faith, so he’ll accept it.
21.“I’ll have to respectfully decline.”
Huh, it’s really brief, isn’t it?
20. “I’m not interested, as I don’t feel the same way.”
What is sure, this excuse is not emotional but effective without being rude.
19. “I am already with someone. But hey! Anybody would be super lucky to have someone like you in their life.”
Great excuse, because you take something away, but at the same time you give something, too.
18. “Sorry taken. But hey! If I wasn’t with him, I would totally be with you.”
Cute excuse, but be careful, as this one can leave a slight chance for the guy to get you later on.
17. “I am in the middle of something. It is just like the emotional gap I am currently in. So, I just can’t invest time for you. Sorry.”
It’s a little bit cold, but a useful one for cool girls.
16. “I never ever saw you like that, you know. You are like my big brother. I always cared for you , you know. And I will still care for you. But the thing is, you know, I always saw you as a friend , a good one.”
It works when you have known each other for quite a long time.
15. “I appreciate the offer, but I can’t accept this time.”
As we mentioned in the introduction, you don’t need to explain your reasons.
14. “Thank you for asking me to be your girlfriend. That is so kind of you. Right now, I don’t think that will work for me. But I wish you the best and appreciate you as a friend.”
It’s so sweet that the guy won’t be offended.
13.“I’m sorry, but it’s not because of anything you did- it’s just hard for me to love someone else when I can’t even love myself.”
It’ll surely work, as guys usually like self-confident girls.
12.”Thank you, I’m really flattered, but I’m not looking for a relationship right now.”
Short excuse, but polite. We hope the guy will appreciate it.
11.”I like you but not in a romantic way”
Friend-zone alert! Generally, it doesn’t change.
10. “We both have our different journeys and so this would not work out.”
It’s really a nice and kind excuse, without hurting the guy, hopefully.
9. “He brightened your days, but let him know that although he is lovely, you can’t return the affection.”
It can be used if you have had some previous dates.
8. “I’m busy/things are crazy right now, so I can’t be involved in a relationship.”
Nearly everybody has hard times in their life, when everything is crazy, it’s acceptable.
7. “I appreciate the offer, but I’m not interested romantically.”
Easy style excuse, and not painful for those who get it.
6. “I don’t think it will work out between us. We are quite different people and I don’t feel the level of attraction and chemistry I would want in a partner. I wish you all the best and hope you find someone. Take care.”
Brief, but includes everything.
Click to continue reading and see the 5 Easiest Ways To Reject A Guy Nicely.
- 25 States With Highest Depression Rates
- 15 Easiest Remote Jobs that Pay Well
- Top 10 Artificial Intelligence Stocks to Buy