Dear Valued Visitor,

We have noticed that you are using an ad blocker software.

Although advertisements on the web pages may degrade your experience, our business certainly depends on them and we can only keep providing you high-quality research based articles as long as we can display ads on our pages.

To view this article, you can disable your ad blocker and refresh this page or simply login.

We only allow registered users to use ad blockers. You can sign up for free by clicking here or you can login if you are already a member.

10 Biggest FMCG Companies in the World

The 10 biggest FMCG companies in the world are integral to the economy of the world, earning revenues totaling hundreds of billions of dollars while also providing employment opportunities to millions of people.

An FMCG company refers to companies which deal in fast moving consumer goods. What are fast moving consumer goods you wonder? Well, this term is used to refer to goods which are generally sold immediately instead of being stored and are also sold at low costs as well. Generally, such goods include items which are perishable by nature, such as fresh foods and drink, while also dealing with goods which are nondurable by nature such as toiletries and drugs. These goods can be compared with goods of a more permanent nature such as furniture and fittings, which can be kept for a long while before being sold.

10 Biggest FMCG Companies in the World

rvlsoft /

As mentioned earlier, fast moving consumer goods are generally sold immediately instead of being kept either because they are perishable by nature or due to extremely high demand by consumers. This is why toiletries and alcohol, both items which are not necessary to consume immediately, are also counted in fast moving consumer goods. There is little profit to be made on the sale of a fast moving consumer good as margins are often tight. However, because such goods are usually sold in bulk, due to the high volume sales, huge profits are there to be made, a fact which has been recognized and used by the 11 biggest FMCG companies in the world.

These companies are giants in the truest sense of the word, towering above the rest. Their turnover would put many countries to shame, with tens of billions of dollars being child’s play for them. The total number of people they hire is greater than the population of some tiny countries. These are the companies which are household names. It is the dream of millions of people to work for these companies. They are often ranked amongst the top employers in the world as they can very well afford to provide extra benefits to their employees.

To rank the biggest FMCG companies, we considered the primary source of information that denotes how a company is doing, i.e. their revenue. A company’s revenue goes a long way towards indicating its strength in the industry. Furthermore, we also considered the total number of employees hired by each company. We traced the revenue from a report prepared by OC&C Strategy Consultants while Forbes helped us to determine the number of employees hired by each company. For more information on some of the hot FMCG companies, you can visit 5 FMCG stocks to buy now.

Of course, revenue is a far more important indicator of the size of a company, which is why we assigned it 70% weight while determining our rankings with the remaining 30% being allocated to the number of employees.

DOWNLOAD FREE REPORT: Warren Buffett's Best Stock Picks

Let Warren Buffett, George Soros, Steve Cohen, and Daniel Loeb WORK FOR YOU.

If you want to beat the low cost index funds by 19 percentage points per year, look no further than our monthly newsletter.In this free report you can find an in-depth analysis of the performance of Warren Buffett's entire historical stock picks. We uncovered Warren Buffett's Best Stock Picks and a way to for Buffett to improve his returns by more than 4 percentage points per year.

Bonus Biotech Stock Pick: You can also find a detailed bonus biotech stock pick that we expect to return more than 50% within 12 months.
Subscribe me to Insider Monkey's Free Daily Newsletter
This is a FREE report from Insider Monkey. Credit Card is NOT required.