We looked at the stock screener at finviz.com to see what stocks analysts were recommending that had market caps over $10 billion and share prices less than $10 a share. Our list includes companies from the finance, technology and commodities markets:
1. Banco Santander SA (STD) is trading at $8.17. It has a P/E ratio of 7.20 and an EPS of 1.18. Its closest competitor is Itau Unibanco Banco Holding SA (ITUB). ITUB is trading at $17.57 and has a higher P/E ratio at 9.83. Ken Fisher is a fan of STD. His Fisher Asset Management has more than $334 million invested in STD (see Ken Fisher’s top positions). It has a $30.72 billion market cap
2. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc (MTU) is trading at $4.35 a share and offers a 2.70% dividend yield. MTU has a P/E ratio of 6.11. MTU’s closest competitor is Mizuho Financial Group Inc (MFG). The two companies are comparable in market cap, MTU has a $61.24 billion market cap while MFG has a $62.53 billion market cap, but MTU has much stronger quarterly growth at 29.70%, higher revenue ($46.31B vs. MFG’s $28.33B) and more earnings per share. Ken Fisher owns a $192 million position in the company. D.E. Shaw’s fund is also bullish on MTU (see D.E. Shaw’s favorite positions).
3. Panasonic Corp (PC) is trading at $9.64 a share, up from a 52-week low of $9.07. Analysts are predicting this stock to rise to $14.03 a share within the next 12 months. PNC also offers a 1.30% dividend yield. Its closest competitor is Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV (PHG). PC has a $22.36 billion market cap compared to PHG’s $19.58. PC also has higher revenue ($109.57 billion vs. PHG’s $35.48 billion). Jim Simons’ Renaissance Technologies owns more than $21.3 million in the company (see Jim Simons’ top stock picks).
4. Sterlite Industries (India) Ltd (SLT) is trading at $9.65, up from its 52-week low of $8.46 a share. Analysts predict the stock will rise to $14.49 within the next year. SLT’s closest competitor is Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (FCX). SLT has a $32.33B market cap compared to FCX’s $32.35B, but SLT has greater quarterly growth (65.80% compared to FCX’s 50.50%). Fisher is bullish on SLT to the tune of over $6 million. Eric Mindich’s Eton Capital is also a fan. It has a 30 million share bond in the company (check out Eric Mindich’s top positions).
5. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG) is trading at $5.54, near its 52-week low of $5.12 a share. Analysts predict the stock will rise to $8.90 within the next 12 months. It has an impressive dividend yield of 4.10% and a 6.42 P/E ratio. SMFG’s closest competitors are MTU and MFG, but SMFG is much smaller. It has a market cap almost half theirs ay $38.62B, but it has strong revenue growth at 23.20% and its revenue is on par at $46.16B. David Dreman’s Dreman Value Management is a fan of SMFG. It has $3.5 million position in the company after increasing its stake by 51% in the second quarter (see David Dreman’s top holdings).
6. ING Groep NV (ING) recently traded at $8.13 a share. Analysts expect this stock to rise to $16 within the next 12 months. It is currently trading at 5.90 its earnings and has an EPS of 1.38. Dreman Value Management has more than $3 million in the company while David Costen Haley’s HBK Investments has more than $1 million in ING (check out David Costen Haley’s top picks).