Ingersoll-Rand Plc (IR) gained 1.41% on the day, closing at $28.80. This marks the second day in a row that IR has gained. IR hit its 52-week low of $25.86 on October 4, 2011 and has been rising steadily since. IR has a market cap of $9.53 billion and a PE ratio of 10.91. It also offers a dividend yield of 1.67%.
These hedge funds made the most on the increase:
1. Adage Capital Management – Phill Gross And Robert Atchinson: Gained $15.13 million
2. Sac Capital Advisors – Steven Cohen: Gained $9.63 million
3. Levin Capital Strategies – John A. Levin: Gained $6.23 million
4. Eminence Capital – Ricky Sandler: Gained $4.16 million
5. Berkshire Hathaway – Warren Buffett: Gained $1.87 million
6. Basswood Capital – Matthew Lindenbaum: Gained $1.73 million
7. First Eagle Investment Management – Jean-Marie Eveillard: Gained $1.28 million
8. Millennium Management – Israel Englander: Gained $1.08 million
DISCLAIMER: These calculations assume that these hedge funds did not increase or reduce their stock positions in IR since the end of June. We did not take into account their option positions.