Citigroup Inc. (C) slumps more than 7% today after the company reported its fourth quarter and full-year 2011 results. The earning per share of 38 cents missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 50 cents. Citigroup closed at $30.74 on Friday, and is trading at $28.50 at 2:58PM EST on Tuesday, losing 7.29% or $2.24.
Here is a list of hedge funds that lost big due to Citigroup’s decline:
1. Pershing Square – Bill Ackman: loses $58.52 million
2. Paulson & Co – John Paulson: loses $56.24 million
3. Fairholme (FAIRX) – Bruce Berkowitz: loses $55.83 million
4. Maverick Capital – Lee Ainslie: loses $15.61 million
5. Capital Growth Management – Ken Heebner: loses $15.33 million
6. Citadel Investment Group – Ken Griffin: loses $13.75 million
7. Viking Global – Andreas Halvorsen: loses $13.57 million
8. Carlson Capital – Clint Carlson: loses $11.98 million
9. Fir Tree – Jeffrey Tannenbaum: loses $11.49 million
10. Lansdowne Partners – Paul Ruddocká and Steve Heinz: loses $10.83 million
DISCLAIMER: These calculations assume that these hedge funds did not increase or reduce their stock positions in Citigroup since the end of September. We did not take into account their option positions.