Bill Miller is the portfolio manager and CIO of Legg Mason Capital Management. Under Bill Miller’s management, Legg Mason outperformed the market for 15 years, from 1991-2005. During this time, his performance was so impressive that Miller was named one of Businessweek’s Best Fund Managers of 2006. Bill Miller’s performance has been on the decline every since; he lost 40% since 2006. Here is a list of Bill Miller’s top 10 stocks:
1. Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) is Miller’s largest position; he holds $240.8 million in the company. It recently traded for $25.34 and has a dividend yield of 3.20%. MSFT has a $212 billion market cap and a price to earnings ratio of 9.42.
2. Ebay, Inc. (EBAY) has a price to earnings ratio of 22.05. It has a market cap of $37.83 billion and last traded at $29.35. Miller owns $237 million in the company. Ken Griffin of Citadel Investment Group is also a fan (check out Griffin’s favorite picks).
3. E M C Corp (EMC) is a 43.24 billion market cap company. Miller has a $236 million position in EMC. It recently traded at $20.94 and has a price to earnings ratio of 21.97. Ken Fisher, Fisher Asset Management, is also bullish about EMC (see Fisher’s top picks).
4. Apple, Inc. (AAPL) is Miller’s fourth largest position at $225 million. It has a market cap of $345.34 billion and a price to earnings ratio of 14.74. AAPL recently traded at $372.50 a share. AAPL is also a favorite of Rob Citrone, Discovery Capital Management (read Citrone’s top picks).
5. Procter & Gamble, Co. (PG) offers an impressive 3.30% dividend yield. It also has a market cap of $174.13 billion and a price to earnings ratio of 16.12. Miller holds a $211 million stake in the company. It recently traded for $63.37.
6. Blackrock, Inc. (BLK) has a $26.36 billion market cap and a price to earnings ratio of 12.00. It recently traded at $147.20 a share and has a dividend yield of 3.70%. Miller has $198.6 million in BLK.
7. Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) is a $197.2 million position for Miller. It has a 93.74 price to earnings ratio and a $96.46 billion market cap. It last traded at $212.50 a share.
8. United Continental Holdings, Inc. (UAL) has a $5.93 billion market cap and a 14.91 price to earnings ratio. Miller has $189 million invested in the company. It recently traded for $17.94 per share.
9. Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC) offers investors a 2.00% dividend. It also has a market cap of $127.82 billion and a price to earnings ratio of 9.38. It last traded at $24.21 a share. Miller has a $190 million stake in WFC.
10. Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) recently traded at $15.58. It has a dividend yield of 1.50% and a market cap of $85.35 billion. It also boasts a price to earnings ratio of 13.32. Miller holds a $185 million position in CSCO.