Dear Valued Visitor,

We have noticed that you are using an ad blocker software.

Although advertisements on the web pages may degrade your experience, our business certainly depends on them and we can only keep providing you high-quality research based articles as long as we can display ads on our pages.

To view this article, you can disable your ad blocker and refresh this page or simply login.

We only allow registered users to use ad blockers. You can sign up for free by clicking here or you can login if you are already a member.

Filing Details

Accession Number:
0001181431-13-006106
Form Type:
4
Zero Holdings:
No
Publication Time:
2013-02-01 16:33:21
Reporting Period:
2013-01-30
Filing Date:
2013-02-01
Accepted Time:
2013-02-01 16:33:21
SEC Url:
Form 4 Filing
Issuer
Cik Name Symbol Sector (SIC) IRS No
1437578 Bright Horizons Family Solutions Inc. BFAM Services-Child Day Care Services (8351) 000000000
Insiders
Cik Name Reported Address Insider Title Director Officer Large Shareholder Other
1193293 Ann Mary Tocio C/o Bright Horizons Family Solutions Inc
200 Talcott Avenue South
Watertown MA 02472
President And Coo Yes Yes No No
Reported Non-Derivative Transactions
Sec. Name Acquisiton - Disposition Date Amount Price Remaning Holdings Equity Swap Involved Form Type Code Nature of Ownership Explanation
Common Stock Acquisiton 2013-01-30 4,000 $22.00 4,000 No 4 P Direct
Equity Swap Involved Form Type Code Nature of Ownership Explanation
No 4 P Direct
Reported Derivative Transactions
Sec. Name Sec. Type Acquisiton - Disposition Date Amount Price Amount - 2 Price - 2
Common Stock Option to purchase Common Stock Acquisiton 2013-01-30 251,295 $0.00 251,295 $14.54
Common Stock Option to purchase Common Stock Acquisiton 2013-01-30 32,611 $0.00 32,611 $12.00
Common Stock Option to purchase Common Stock Acquisiton 2013-01-30 21,645 $0.00 21,645 $14.54
Common Stock Option to purchase Common Stock Acquisiton 2013-01-30 2,809 $0.00 2,809 $12.00
Remaning Holdings Exercise Date Expiration Date Equity Swap Involved Transaction Form Type Transaction Code Nature of Ownership
502,590 2018-09-02 No 4 A Direct
65,222 2018-09-02 No 4 A Direct
43,290 2022-05-02 No 4 A Direct
5,618 2022-05-02 No 4 A Direct
Footnotes
  1. On May 2, 2012, the reporting person was granted an option to purchase 251,295 shares of common stock in connection with the Issuer's option exchange program. The option vests based upon time (in accordance with the vesting schedule that was applicable to the option award that was exchanged for this award in the option exchange program such that this option is time vested as to 201,036 shares with the remaining 50,259 shares eligible to time vest on May 28, 2013) and performance (change of control of the Issuer or an initial public offering of the Issuer's common stock) criteria. As a result of the consummation of the Issuer's initial public offering, the performance criteria was met with respect to all 251,295 shares of common stock subject to this option award, resulting in vesting of the option as to 201,036 shares and an additional 50,259 shares eligible to vest on May 28, 2013.
  2. On May 2, 2012, the reporting person was granted an option to purchase 32,611 shares of common stock in connection with the Issuer's option exchange program. The option vests based upon time (in accordance with the vesting schedule that was applicable to the option award that was exchanged for this award in the option exchange program such that this option is time vested as to 26,088 shares with the remaining 6,523 shares eligible to time vest on May 28, 2013) and performance (change of control of the Issuer or an initial public offering of the Issuer's common stock) criteria. As a result of the consummation of the Issuer's initial public offering, the performance criteria was met with respect to all 32,611 shares of common stock subject to this option award, resulting in vesting of the option as to 26,088 shares and an additional 6,523 shares eligible to vest on May 28, 2013.
  3. On May 2, 2012 the reporting person was granted an option to purchase 21,645 shares of common stock. The option vests based upon time (40% on May 2, 2014 and thereafter, as to the remaining 60%, three equal annual installments beginning on May 2, 2015) and performance (change of control of the Issuer or an initial public offering of the Issuer's common stock) criteria. As a result of the consummation of the Issuer's initial public offering, the performance criteria was met with respect to all 21,645 shares of common stock subject to this option award, resulting in the option becoming eligible to vest as to 40% of the underlying shares on May 2, 2014 and thereafter, as to the remaining 60% of the underlying shares, in three equal annual installments beginning on May 2, 2015.
  4. On May 2, 2012 the reporting person was granted an option to purchase 2,809 shares of common stock. The option vests based upon time (40% on May 2, 2014 and thereafter, as to the remaining 60%, three equal annual installments beginning on May 2, 2015) and performance (change of control of the Issuer or an initial public offering of the Issuer's common stock) criteria. As a result of the consummation of the Issuer's initial public offering, the performance criteria was met with respect to all 2,809 shares of common stock subject to this option award, resulting in the option becoming eligible to vest as to 40% of the underlying shares on May 2, 2014 and thereafter, as to the remaining 60% of the underlying shares, in three equal annual installments beginning on May 2, 2015.