Dear Valued Visitor,

We have noticed that you are using an ad blocker software.

Although advertisements on the web pages may degrade your experience, our business certainly depends on them and we can only keep providing you high-quality research based articles as long as we can display ads on our pages.

To view this article, you can disable your ad blocker and refresh this page or simply login.

We only allow registered users to use ad blockers. You can sign up for free by clicking here or you can login if you are already a member.

Schlumberger Limited. (SLB), Halliburton Company (HAL), Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): This Oil & Gas Service Company Might Deliver a High Yield to Investors

Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE:SLB) has appreciated significantly since the end of June, from around $71.60 per share to nearly $83.80 per share. With that gain, Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE:SLB) has now appreciated nearly 21% this year, a bit higher than the S&P 500’s return of 18.90%. The recent gain was due to its impressive second-quarter earnings and its big share buyback plan. Let’s take a closer look to see whether or not investors should buy Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE:SLB)’s shares at its current price.

Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE:SLB)Consistent cash generation with a conservative capital structure

Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE:SLB), founded in 1926, is the global leader in technology and integrated project management in the oil & gas industry, operating in three main business segments: Reservoir Characterization, Drilling, and Production. Most of its revenue, $15.97 billion, or 37.9% of the total revenue, was generated from the Drilling segment. The Production segment ranked second with $14.87 billion in sales, while Reservoir Characterization contributed the least with $11.4 billion in 2012 revenue. Interestingly, the Reservoir Characterization segment enjoyed the highest operating margin, with the highest income before taxes of $3.2 billion.

What I like about Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE:SLB) is its consistent positive cash flow generation and a strong balance sheet. Operating cash flow has increased from $2.1 billion in 2003 to $6.8 billion in 2012, while the free cash flow rose from $1 billion to nearly $1.78 billion during the same period. Investors would feel safe with Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE:SLB) due to its conservative capital structure. As of June 2013, it had $37 billion in equity, more than $5.9 billion in cash and short-term investments, and only around $12 billion in total debt.

Possibility of a decent total yield

Since 2003, Schlumberger has also paid consistently growing dividends to shareholders. The dividend per share has risen from $0.38 per share in 2003 to $1.38 per share in 2012. Moreover, the company has also returned cash to shareholders via share repurchase activities. In the past five years, Schlumberger has spent as much as $7.8 billion to retire more than 105 million shares.

The company also expects to return much more cash to investors via its new share repurchase plan of $10 billion. At nearly $83.80 per share, Schlumberger is worth around $111 billion. The market values the company at 9.3 times its trailing EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization). A new $10 billion will yield as much as 9% to investors. Including a 1.6% dividend yield, the total yield reaches 10.60%.

DOWNLOAD FREE REPORT: Warren Buffett's Best Stock Picks

Let Warren Buffett, George Soros, Steve Cohen, and Daniel Loeb WORK FOR YOU.

If you want to beat the low cost index funds by 19 percentage points per year, look no further than our monthly newsletter.In this free report you can find an in-depth analysis of the performance of Warren Buffett's entire historical stock picks. We uncovered Warren Buffett's Best Stock Picks and a way to for Buffett to improve his returns by more than 4 percentage points per year.

Bonus Biotech Stock Pick: You can also find a detailed bonus biotech stock pick that we expect to return more than 50% within 12 months.
Subscribe me to Insider Monkey's Free Daily Newsletter
This is a FREE report from Insider Monkey. Credit Card is NOT required.