Dear Valued Visitor,

We have noticed that you are using an ad blocker software.

Although advertisements on the web pages may degrade your experience, our business certainly depends on them and we can only keep providing you high-quality research based articles as long as we can display ads on our pages.

To view this article, you can disable your ad blocker and refresh this page or simply login.

We only allow registered users to use ad blockers. You can sign up for free by clicking here or you can login if you are already a member.

PepsiCo, Inc. (PEP): A Top Dividend Growth Stock For Long-term Investors

PepsiCo, Inc. (NYSE:PEP) is one of the best dividend growth stocks in the market and a core holding in our Top 20 Dividend Stocks portfolio (1).

The company has paid dividends for more than 50 years while rewarding shareholders with 44 consecutive dividend increases, making it a member of the exclusive dividend aristocrats list.

Sporting an above-average dividend yield and solid long-term earnings growth potential, Pepsi is a dividend growth machine that dividend growth investors (2) should familiarize themselves with.

Let’s take a closer look at Pepsi’s business and why it is such a special dividend stock.

PepsiCo, Inc. (NYSE: PEP), Bottle, Pepsi, Hand holding, Isolated, Drink, Logo

focal point /

Business Overview

Pepsi incorporated in 1919 and is a leading global convenience food and beverage company with about $63 billion in revenue. Snacks account for 53% of revenue, with beverages making up the remaining 47% of sales. Carbonated soft drinks account for less than 25% of total sales.

Some of PepsiCo’s most iconic brands are Lay’s, Pepsi, Tropicana, Quaker Oats, Gatorade, Naked Juice, Aquafina, Lipton, Doritos, Tostitos, Mountain Dew, Ruffles, Cheetos, and Sierra Mist. 22 of Pepsi’s brands generate over $1 billion in annual sales.

By geography, 69% of revenue is derived from developed markets (U.S. 56%), while developing and emerging markets account for the other 31% of sales. PepsiCo is a very global business with operations in more than 200 countries. The company should benefit from growing consumer wealth and consumption around the world.

Business Analysis

Pepsi’s primary competitive advantages are its large scale, balanced product portfolio, extensive distribution network, and well-known brands.

Pepsi has the largest food and beverage market share in four of its five top markets. Importantly, the company has also been the biggest contributor to retail sales growth in those markets over the last five years, underscoring the importance of its products for retailers.

PepsiCo PEP Dividend Stock

Source: Pepsi Investor Presentation

Follow Pepsico Inc (NASDAQ:PEP)
Trade (NASDAQ:PEP) Now!

DOWNLOAD FREE REPORT: Warren Buffett's Best Stock Picks

Let Warren Buffett, George Soros, Steve Cohen, and Daniel Loeb WORK FOR YOU.

If you want to beat the low cost index funds by 19 percentage points per year, look no further than our monthly newsletter.In this free report you can find an in-depth analysis of the performance of Warren Buffett's entire historical stock picks. We uncovered Warren Buffett's Best Stock Picks and a way to for Buffett to improve his returns by more than 4 percentage points per year.

Bonus Biotech Stock Pick: You can also find a detailed bonus biotech stock pick that we expect to return more than 50% within 12 months.
Subscribe me to Insider Monkey's Free Daily Newsletter
This is a FREE report from Insider Monkey. Credit Card is NOT required.