Market Movers Today: Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. (DPS), Immersion Corporation (IMMR), Aradigm Corporation (ARDM), and More

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. (NYSE:DPS) (MarketWatch)
Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. DPS, +23.92% and Keurig Green Mountain announced plans Monday to merge, creating Keurig Dr Pepper. Dr Pepper Snapple shareholders will receive $103.75 per share as a special cash dividend and hold on to 13% of the newly merged company. Keurig shareholders will hold the other 87%. Dr Pepper Snapple shares shot up 39% in premarket trading after the announcement. The combined company would have pro forma revenue of about $11 billion.

Immersion Corporation (NASDAQ:IMMR) (The Motley Fool)
What happened: Shares of Immersion Corporation (NASDAQ:IMMR) have skyrocketed today, up by 50% as of 11:15 a.m. EST, after the company announced it had reached a settlement with Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL). As part of the settlement, Immersion also entered into a licensing agreement with the iPhone maker. So what: Immersion had first filed suit against Apple in February 2016, alleging patent infringement related to the use of haptic feedback in Apple products, while simultaneously lodging a formal complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission.



Aradigm Corporation (NASDAQ:ARDM) (Benzinga)
Aradigm Corporation (NASDAQ:ARDM) shares dipped 20.5 percent to $1.78 after the pharmaceutical company that focuses on severe respiratory diseases announced a disappointing update. The company said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration won’t approve its Linhaliq NDA in its present form due to multiple areas of concerns, including clinical data, product quality, and human factors.

Ablynx – Ablynx agreed to be bought by French drugmaker Sanofi. Sanofi beat out Novo Nordisk in the bidding for the Belgian biotech company, agreeing to pay $4.8 billion. Ablynx had rejected a roughly $3.2 billion offer from Novo Nordisk.

Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd (NYSEMKT:NAK) (The Motley Fool)
What happened: Shares of Northern Dynasty Minerals (NYSEMKT:NAK) dropped as much as 26.8% Monday after a surprise decision from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency was handed down late Friday afternoon. The regulatory agency said in a statement that Alaska’s Bristol Bay sockeye salmon fisheries — the largest in the world — deserve protection and that any mining projects developed in the region may pose “unacceptable risk.” The decision is catching everyone off guard

Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE:LMT) (CNBC)
Lockheed Martin – The defense contractor earned an adjusted $4.30 per share for the fourth quarter, beating estimates by 23 cents a share. Revenue easily exceeded forecasts. Lockheed took a $1.9 billion one-time charge related to the new tax law.

KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp. (NYSE:KS) (Benzinga)
KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp. (NYSE:KS) shares surged 30.1 percent to $34.51 after the company agreed to be acquired by WestRock Co (NYSE:WRK) for $35 per share in cash.

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD) (MarketWatch)
Shares of Advanced Micro Devices Inc. AMD, +2.74% rose more than 3% in early trading Monday after MKM Partners analyst Ruben Roy came out incrementally more upbeat on the company’s immediate prospects. Though he still has a neutral rating on shares, Roy thinks that AMD looks positioned to deliver better-than-expected results for its December quarter as well as a stronger-than-anticipated forecast for its March quarter. The company reports earnings Tuesday. Roy cites “recent positive data points around the PC, server, and cryptocurrency mining markets” as reasons for his optimism, and he believes that most of the “upside delta” will come from the crypto side of the business.