Urban Outfitters, Inc. (URBN) surges 6.58% after the company disclosed a better-than-expected sales update. The company revealed that its fourth-quarter same-store sales were in the “mid single-digit” positive range. This is after the its 2.6% decline in the third quarter. URBN closed on Monday $26.45, and is trading at $28.12 at 12:00PM EST on Tuesday, which is a $1.67 or 6.31% increase.
Several hedge funds may gain big due to URBN’s disclosure.
1. Maverick Capital – Lee Ainslie: gains $12,827,714
2. Alyeska Investment Group – Anand Parekh: gains $2,513,975
3. Tiger Consumer Management – Patrick McCormack: gains $1,257,391
4. Renaissance Technologies – Jim Simons: gains $1,032,728
5. Royce & Associates – Chuck Royce: gains $339,010
6. Adage Capital Management – Phill Gross and Robert Atchinson: gains $316,632
7. David E Shaw – D. E. Shaw: gains $303,409
8. Millennium Management – Israel Englander: gains $214,692
9. SAC Capital Advisors – Steven Cohen: gains $203,909
10. Daruma Asset Management – Mariko Gordon: gains $203,089
DISCLAIMER: These calculations assume that these hedge funds did not increase or reduce their stock positions in URBN since the end of September. We did not take into account their option positions.