Hedge Fund and Insider Trading News: David Tepper, Coatue Management, Davidson Kempner Capital Management, Adams Street Partners, Naples Global, Rocket Companies Inc (RKT), Confluent, Inc. (CFLT), and More

Page 1 of 2

Coatue’s Latest Growth Fund Surpasses $6.5 Billion (The Wall Street Journal)
Multistrategy investor Coatue Management has amassed at least $6.58 billion so far for its fifth growth-investment strategy and possibly more from a feeder fund, regulatory filings show. The New York firm, which also operates hedge funds and venture-capital vehicles, said its Coatue Growth Fund V LP had collected capital from 692 investors. It also reported a $3.21 billion gross value for its Coatue Growth V Offshore Feeder Fund LP. The firm said in a filing that the feeder fund is invested entirely in the growth fund, without…

UK Retailer Next and Hedge Fund Acquire JoJo Maman Bébé (Business of Fashion)
High street company Next and a group of investment firms purchased the baby and maternity retailer JoJo Maman Bébé. As part of the deal, Next purchased 44 percent of the retailer, while the hedge fund Davidson Kempner Capital Management will control the remaining 56 percent. Founder Laura Tenison will leave the business, according to The Guardian. Other terms of the deal were not reported. JoJo Maman Bébé, a brand with 87 stores, first attracted attention when Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge began wearing the brand and dressing her children in it. As of March, Next cut its profit expectations for the year by 10 million pounds, citing concerns over the war in Ukraine and inflation.

Naples Global, LegalPay Float $5 mn Fund for Founders to Settle Board Disputes (VCCircle)
Florida-based hedge fund Naples Global has partnered with litigation financing platform LegalPay to launch a $5 million (around Rs 38 crore) fund for Indian founders that will help them safeguard their rights during any kind of board-related disputes. The fund has committed deployment of $5 million, with an option to increase the exposure for founders who are looking out for fighting their litigations and arbitration.

Top 10 Stocks to Buy According to John Orrico's Water Island Capital

Source: pexels

CityWatch: Tepper’s temper tantrum an embarrassment to Carolina Panthers (The Post and Courier)
“Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper stood on the site of his team’s future practice facility in Rock Hill in October, backdropped by stories of rising steel beams.” – Post and Courier, April 12, 2022 Sounds good, huh? Unfortunately, the story continued: “Five months later, with no warning to South Carolina’s fifth-largest city, he sent construction crews home.”

Adams Street Raises Over $3bn for the Second Private Credit Program (Opalesque)
Adams Street Partners, a global private markets investment manager, has completed fundraising for its second Private Credit program (PC II), closing the oversubscribed program with more than $2.1bn of committed capital and over $3bn, including leverage. The independent employee-owned investment firm with more than $51bn of AUM said in a press release that Adams Street’s PC II saw high demand globally, surpassing its original target of $1.5bn. “Several pension plans, insurance companies, and family offices new to Adams Street invested in the program, in addition to strong representation from existing investors, said the release.

Page 1 of 2