Dear Valued Visitor,

We have noticed that you are using an ad blocker software.

Although advertisements on the web pages may degrade your experience, our business certainly depends on them and we can only keep providing you high-quality research based articles as long as we can display ads on our pages.

To view this article, you can disable your ad blocker and refresh this page or simply login.

We only allow registered users to use ad blockers. You can sign up for free by clicking here or you can login if you are already a member.

Google Inc (GOOG): Likely to Continue Outperforming the Market

Google Inc (GOOG)Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) has experienced a great run in the past year rising from a low of $556 to a high of $844, before settling at its current price of $790. The company is an information powerhouse with advertising, YouTube, Google Mobile, Android, Google Play, Google Wallet, and more under its corporate umbrella.

Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) generates about 92% of its revenue from advertising with the remaining 8% from Motorola Mobile (hardware and other). Advertising revenue is derived via the AdWords program for businesses to promote their products/services. The company’s AdSense program allows third parties to post relevant ads for efficient target marketing.

Geographically, 46% of Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG)’s revenue is generated in the United States, 11% from the United Kingdom, and the remaining 43% from the rest of the world. This is based on the 2012 figures of the billing addresses of Google’s customers.

Google is currently fairly valued with a trailing PE ratio of 24.5, a forward PE of 14.73, a PEG of 1.19, and a price to book ratio of 3.52. There haven’t been too many surprises to cause the stock to move too drastically towards an under or over valuation.

The company was able to achieve the following margins for the past twelve months:

Gross Margin 59%
Profit Margin 21%
Operating Margin 27%

Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) is awash in cash with a total of $48 billion with only $7.2 billion in debt. Operating cash flow for the past twelve months was $16.6 billion, while the free cash flow was $10.77 billion. The current ratio of 4.22 and debt to equity ratio of 10 shows the strength of Google’s balance sheet.

Google’s movement into offering fiber services is an interesting development. Last year, the company began offering Google Fiber to Kansas City with internet speeds that are 100 times faster than today’s average broadband performance (known as gigabit internet). Google has plans to offer Google Fiber to Austin, Texas by mid-2014. It should be interesting to see what other regions will adopt the Google Fiber service in the future.

The primary risk to Google is the competition that is creeping into the online advertising sphere. Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) is making its mark by engaging its billion worldwide social network users with targeted ads. Facebook’s new effort, Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) Home, is a strategic move for mobile FB users to see their activity before they unlock their devices. This is designed to increase activity on the website and may cut into Google’s advertising market share. Although the risk exists, I don’t think that Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) will be detrimental to Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG)’s continued growth.

DOWNLOAD FREE REPORT: Warren Buffett's Best Stock Picks

Let Warren Buffett, George Soros, Steve Cohen, and Daniel Loeb WORK FOR YOU.

If you want to beat the low cost index funds by 19 percentage points per year, look no further than our monthly newsletter.In this free report you can find an in-depth analysis of the performance of Warren Buffett's entire historical stock picks. We uncovered Warren Buffett's Best Stock Picks and a way to for Buffett to improve his returns by more than 4 percentage points per year.

Bonus Biotech Stock Pick: You can also find a detailed bonus biotech stock pick that we expect to return more than 50% within 12 months.
Subscribe me to Insider Monkey's Free Daily Newsletter
This is a FREE report from Insider Monkey. Credit Card is NOT required.