Sprint Nextel Corporation (S) rose by over 4% on Friday, moving from $2.61 at close yesterday to finish the week at $2.74 at 5pm EST. The increase came after the markets became bullish on reports that Sprint is nearing agreement with Clearwire on a 3-4 year network deal, reports Bloomberg.
The following funds made the most on the increase:
1. Greenlight Capital – David Einhorn: Gained $7.3 million
2. Anchorage Advisors – Kevin Michael Ulrich: Gained $1.4 million
3. Attara Capital – David Slager And Nat Rothschild: Gained $1.2 million
4. Karsch Capital Management – Michael Karsch: Gained $1.1 million
5. Glenview Capital – Larry Robbins: Gained $1.0 million
6. Ivory Capital (Investment Mgmt) – Curtis Macnguyen: Gained $868,000
7. Chou Associates Management – Francis Chou: Gained $796,000
8. D E Shaw – D. E. Shaw: Gained $780,000
9. Renaissance Technologies – Jim Simons: Gained $722,000
10. Kleinheinz Capital Partners – John Kleinheinz: Gained $618,000
DISCLAIMER: These calculations assume that these hedge funds did not increase or reduce their stock positions in S since the end of June. We did not take into account their option positions.