Clearwire Corporation (CLWR) jumped by 13.85% Thursday morning after the company announced its third quarter earnings. CLWR reported $332 million in revenue, topping consensus estimates of $322.6 million and besting the same quarter last year by roughly 126%. It closed yesterday at $1.30 a share but had risen to $1.48 a share by 10am EST.
The following hedge funds gained big on the increase:
1. Glenview Capital – Larry Robbins: Gained $2.11 million
2. Sirios Capital Management – John Brennan: Gained $1.52 million
3. Alyeska Investment Group – Anand Parekh: Gained $1.48 million
4. Highside Capital Management – Lee Hobson: Gained $1.27 million
5. Jat Capital Management – John Thaler: Gained $767,000
6. Ivory Capital (Investment Mgmt) – Curtis Macnguyen: Gained $525,000
7. Adage Capital Management – Phill Gross And Robert Atchinson: Gained $456,000
8. Citadel Investment Group – Ken Griffin: Gained $249,000
9. Renaissance Technologies – Jim Simons: Gained $244,000
10. Soros Fund Management – George Soros: Gained $143,000
DISCLAIMER: These calculations assume that these hedge funds did not increase or reduce their stock positions in CLWR since the end of June. We did not take into account their option positions.