First Solar, Inc. (FSLR) rises 9.60% to $42.49 at 1:07PM EST on Wednesday. One possible cause was a report from Deutsche Bank today. The bank said solar stocks may be too low and have been over discounted. First Solar closed on Tuesday at $38.77, so this is a 9.60% or $3.72 increase.
Here is a list of hedge funds that may gain a lot due to First Solar’s price increase:
1. Maverick Capital – Lee Ainslie: gains $13.32 million
2. Generation Investment Management – David Blood and Al Gore: gains $5.02 million
3. Legg Mason Capital Management – Bill Miller: gains $1.29 million
4. David E. Shaw – D. E. Shaw: gains $1.26 million
5. Mason Capital Management – Kenneth Mario Garschina: gains $789 thousand
6. SAC Capital Advisors – Steven Cohen: gains $724 thousand
7. Coatue Management – Philippe Laffont: gains $644 thousand
8. Renaissance Technologies – Jim Simons: gains $630 thousand
9. Sandler Capital Management – Andrew Sandler: gains $558 thousand
10. Cavalry Asset Management – John Hurley: gains $507 thousand
DISCLAIMER: These calculations assume that these hedge funds did not increase or reduce their stock positions in FSLR since the end of September. We did not take into account their option positions.