First Solar, Inc. (FSLR) rallies today after Bloomberg suggested that the company could be takeover target for GE or Siemens. Analysts believe FSLR is a lot cheaper than it should be. FSLR closed at $31.80 on Wednesday, while the stock is trading at $34.22 at 1:00PM EST on Thursday, up 7.61% or $2.42.
Here is a list of hedge funds that may reveal large gains due to FSLR’s price rise.
1. Maverick Capital – Lee Ainslie: gains $8.67 million
2. Generation Investment Management – David Blood and Al Gore: gains $3.26 million
3. Legg Mason Capital Management – Bill Miller: gains $841 thousand
4. David E. Shaw – D. E. Shaw: gains $819 thousand
5. Mason Capital Management – Kenneth Mario Garschina: gains $513 thousand
6. SAC Capital Advisors – Steven Cohen: gains $471 thousand
7. Coatue Management – Philippe Laffont: gains $419 thousand
8. Renaissance Technologies – Jim Simons: gains $410 thousand
9. Sandler Capital Management – Andrew Sandler: gains $363 thousand
10. Cavalry Asset Management – John Hurley: gains $330 thousand
DISCLAIMER: These calculations assume that these hedge funds did not increase or reduce their stock positions in FSLR since the end of September. We did not take into account their option positions.