InterMune Inc. (ITMN) drops 18.64% at 2:05PM EST today. The stock is trading at $14.88 with unusually high volume on Thursday, down $3.41 from the close on Wednesday, corresponding to a 18.64% decline.
Here is a list of hedge funds that may suffer big losses due to the price change:
1. David E. Shaw – D. E. Shaw: loses $16.55 million
2. Alyeska Investment Group – Anand Parekh: loses $12.28 million
3. QVT Financial – Daniel Gold: loses $12.04 million
4. Visium Asset Management – Jacob Gottlieb: loses $7.18 million
5. Sigma Capital Management – SAC Subsidiary: loses $3.31 million
6. SAC Capital Advisors – Steven Cohen: loses $2.63 million
7. Kingdon Capital Managemet – Mark Kingdon: loses $1.44 million
8. Moore Global Investments – Louis Bacon: loses $1.11 million
9. Partner Fund Management – Christopher Medlock James: loses $448 thousand
10. Citadel Investment Group – Ken Griffin: loses $445 thousand
DISCLAIMER: These calculations assume that these hedge funds did not increase or reduce their stock positions in ITMN since the end of September. We did not take into account their option positions.