Dear Valued Visitor,

We have noticed that you are using an ad blocker software.

Although advertisements on the web pages may degrade your experience, our business certainly depends on them and we can only keep providing you high-quality research based articles as long as we can display ads on our pages.

To view this article, you can disable your ad blocker and refresh this page or simply login.

We only allow registered users to use ad blockers. You can sign up for free by clicking here or you can login if you are already a member.

Apple Inc. (AAPL) Vs., Inc. (AMZN): The Best Long-term and Short Term Play

How can one decide to buy, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) at the expense of Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), which is trading at 16x below the S&P average with a multiple of 19.5?  Depending on your investment strategy, according Fox Business, Charles Payne, one could be justified on owning either stock. The analyst, however, remains long on Apple which he maintains has a great business model compared to Amazon.

Amazon, is AMZN a good stock to buy, Netflix, is NFLX a good stock to buy, Cory Johnson, customer information, analytics, Amazon Web Services,

Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) has already clocked record highs in terms of market value with the biggest question being how high the stock could rise, in the months to come., Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), on the other hand, seems to be picking up its pieces having not had the best runs in 2014, seen by the stock losing substantial amount of value.

“For me here the question is are you investing in a great business, or you are investing on whether the stocks pops up tomorrow. Because, essentially a lot of people tell me they’re investors, and they do the exact opposite. […] I love the idea of investing in a great business and not to worry about short term shenanigans,” said Mr. Payne.

At the current market fundamentals, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) looks like a good short term pick as the company continues to enjoy positive sentiments from the Street., Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) on the other hand buoyed by impressive fourth quarter earnings could act as a good long term play waiting to see if investments in growth opportunities initiated by CEO, Jeff Bezos, will pay up.

A good investment strategy according to Payne should be made of 70% in long-term trades with the remaining 30% traded on the levels of volatility. Retail analyst, Hitha Herzog, who sees Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) as a long term play believes the stock could double going forward.

“I don’t believe really in doing things short term especially when it comes to trading and that is not really the sort of my real house. […] This guy was looking at the fundamentals and looking at what makes a good company, and I think that is what people should be looking at, the long-term,” said Mrs. Herzog.

Watch the latest video at

Warren Buffett and BillionairesFree Report: Warren Buffett and 12 Billionaires Are Crazy About These 7 Stocks
Let Warren Buffett, David Einhorn, George Soros, and David Tepper WORK FOR YOU. If you want to beat the low cost index funds by an average of 6 percentage points per year look no further than Warren Buffett’s stock picks. That’s the margin Buffett’s stock picks outperformed the market since 2008. In this free report, Insider Monkey’s market beating research team identified 7 stocks Warren Buffett and 12 other billionaires are crazy about. CLICK HERE NOW for all the details.

Biotech Stock Alert - 20% Guaranteed Return in One Year

Hedge Funds and Insiders Are Piling Into

One of 2015's best hedge funds and two insiders snapped up shares of this medical device stock recently. We believe its transformative and disruptive device will storm the $3+ billion market and help it achieve 500%-1000% gains in 3 years.

Get your FREE REPORT and the details of our 20% return guarantee today.

Subscribe me to Insider Monkey's Free Daily Newsletter
This is a FREE report from Insider Monkey. Credit Card is NOT required.
Loading Comments...

Thanks! An email with instructions is sent to !

Your email already exists in our database. Click here to go to your subscriptions

Insider Monkey returned 102% in 3 years!! Wondering How?

Download a complete edition of our newsletter for free!