Dear Valued Visitor,

We have noticed that you are using an ad blocker software.

Although advertisements on the web pages may degrade your experience, our business certainly depends on them and we can only keep providing you high-quality research based articles as long as we can display ads on our pages.

To view this article, you can disable your ad blocker and refresh this page or simply login.

We only allow registered users to use ad blockers. You can sign up for free by clicking here or you can login if you are already a member.

Why Himax Technologies, Inc. (ADR) (HIMX) is Trending

Traders are watching Himax Technologies, Inc. (ADR) (NASDAQ:HIMX) after the company announced that it made a strategic investment in Emza Visual Sense Ltd., an Isreali company that focuses on developing visual sensors that include machine-vision algos that ideally achieve orders of magnitude improvement in power consumption. Although the exact financial details of the purchase were not disclosed, Himax has taken a 45.1% equity ownership of Emza Visual Sense Ltd., with an one year option to buy the remaining 54.9%, in exchange for cash.

Himax Technologies, Inc. (ADR) (NASDAQ:HIMX) CEO Jordan Wu said, ‘This strategic investment in Emza compliments our previously announced ultra low power CMOS image sensor product and initiatives in delivering turn-key solutions for ‘always-on’ smart camera that enables devices capable of real-time contextual awareness, such as face detection and human presence detection and motion. Together, we can transform our AoS sensor from a simple ‘image capturing device’ to an ‘information analytics device’ that offers significantly more value to our customers. This exciting new computer vision market demands highly efficient sensors, algorithms, camera and processor architectures capable of delivering extremely low power consumption in a small form factor so that it can be easily integrated into TVs and smartphones, as well as AR/VR, IoT, and AI devices.’

What Does The Smart Money Sentiment Say?

At Insider Monkey, we’ve developed an investment strategy that has delivered market-beating returns over the past 12 months. Our strategy identifies the 100 best-performing funds of the previous quarter from among the collection of 700+ successful funds that we track in our database, which we accomplish using our returns methodology. We then study the portfolios of those 100 funds using the latest 13F data to uncover the 30 most popular mid-cap stocks (market caps of between $1 billion and $10 billion) among them to hold until the next filing period. This strategy delivered 39.7% gains over the past 12 months and outperformed the 24.1% gain enjoyed by the S&P 500 ETFs. Our enhanced small-cap hedge fund strategy returned more than 45% over the last 12 months and outperformed SPY by more than 30 percentage points over the last 4.5 years (see details here).

17 top funds owned shares of Himax Technologies, Inc. (ADR) (NASDAQ:HIMX) at the end of December, down 9 funds from the previous quarter. Those numbers are out of the total of 742 elite funds we track.

The Bottom Line

Himax Technologies, Inc. (ADR) (NASDAQ:HIMX) shares are in the spotlight due to the company making a strategic investment. For more reading, check out ‘Top 5 Ways in which Technology has Changed the Way We Look at Money‘.

Disclosure:None

Rawpixel.com/Shutterstock.com

Rawpixel.com/Shutterstock.com

DOWNLOAD FREE REPORT: Warren Buffett's Best Stock Picks

Let Warren Buffett, George Soros, Steve Cohen, and Daniel Loeb WORK FOR YOU.

If you want to beat the low cost index funds by 19 percentage points per year, look no further than our monthly newsletter.In this free report you can find an in-depth analysis of the performance of Warren Buffett's entire historical stock picks. We uncovered Warren Buffett's Best Stock Picks and a way to for Buffett to improve his returns by more than 4 percentage points per year.

Bonus Biotech Stock Pick: You can also find a detailed bonus biotech stock pick that we expect to return more than 50% within 12 months.
Subscribe me to Insider Monkey's Free Daily Newsletter
This is a FREE report from Insider Monkey. Credit Card is NOT required.
Loading...