Pall Corporation (PLL) rose nearly 8% in trading on Friday after the company reported increases in revenue and adjusted earnings, which beat analyst expectations. Although the company’s first quarter net profit dropped 2.7%. PLL shares closed on Thursday at $52.5, and were priced at $56.66 on Friday – an increase of $4.16.
The following hedge funds gained the most on the news.
1. East Side Capital – Steven Richman: Gained $ 5.66 million
2. Renaissance Technologies – Jim Simons: Gained $ 1.20 million
3. AQR Capital Management – Cliff Asness: Gained $ 921 thousand
4. Citadel Investment Group – Ken Griffin: Gained $ 770 thousand
5. Adage Capital Management – Phill Gross and Robert Atchinson: Gained $ 659 thousand
6. Daruma Asset Management – Mariko Gordon: Gained $ 295 thousand
7. GLG Partners – Noam Gottesman: Gained $ 277 thousand
8. GMT Capital – Thomas E. Claugus: Gained $ 238 thousand
9. Highbridge Capital Management – Glenn Russell Dubin: Gained $ 211 thousand
10. Visium Asset Management – Jacob Gottlieb: Gained $ 154 thousand
DISCLAIMER: These calculations assume that these hedge funds did not increase or reduce their stock positions in PLL since the end of September. We did not take into account their option positions.