Dear Valued Visitor,

We have noticed that you are using an ad blocker software.

Although advertisements on the web pages may degrade your experience, our business certainly depends on them and we can only keep providing you high-quality research based articles as long as we can display ads on our pages.

To view this article, you can disable your ad blocker and refresh this page or simply login.

We only allow registered users to use ad blockers. You can sign up for free by clicking here or you can login if you are already a member.

Will Tesla Motors Inc. (TSLA) Succeed Where General Motors Company (GM) Failed?

Tesla Motors Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) continues to benefit a great deal from the leadership of its inspirational CEO, and co-founder, Elon Musk, who has over the years remained firm in turning every stone in pursuit of success. Tesla is poised to make a push for the Japanese auto industry, a market that has over the years remained closed for U.S. automakers.

Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA)

The Japanese market is set to be a tall order for Tesla Motors Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA), but opportunities for growth remain endless as the country imports 100% of its oil. Import of oil essentially provides an opening for the electric vehicle industry to thrive, an opportunity that Tesla Motors Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) would be looking to tap into with energy efficient models. Tesla’s first Model-S car touched ground in Japan with Musk himself handing over the keys to the owners signaling a new beginning for Tesla in Japan.

Many people remain skeptical about Tesla Motors Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA)’s ability to tap into the Japanese auto industry, which is dominated (96%) by locally produced cars with the remaining 4% going to German automakers. General Motors Company (NYSE:GM) 1,000 total sales is quite insignificant to compete for market share. It awaits to be’ seen the kind of strategies that Musk will employ in his push for market share in the country.

Plug in electric Vehicles (PEV) sales thrived in the past because of massive infrastructure development from Nissan, Mitsubishi and Toyota, a trend that looks to have slowed in the recent past. Tesla Motors Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA)’s biggest hurdle in most markets has always been the deficiency of charging stations something that is not of a concern in Japan.

Tesla Motors Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) will try revitalize an electric vehicle industry, which has in the recent past been on a downward trend as most of the automakers continue to scrap PEV infrastructure development programs. While Norway has seen the unveiling of 24 new PEV models this year, Japan has only registered 7 new models highlighting a gap that Tesla might be looking to fill with new models.

Warren Buffett and BillionairesFree Report: Warren Buffett and 12 Billionaires Are Crazy About These 7 Stocks

Let Warren Buffett, David Einhorn, George Soros, and David Tepper WORK FOR YOU. If you want to beat the low cost index funds by an average of 6 percentage points per year look no further than Warren Buffett’s stock picks. That’s the margin Buffett’s stock picks outperformed the market since 2008. In this free report, Insider Monkey’s market beating research team identified 7 stocks Warren Buffett and 12 other billionaires are crazy about. CLICK HERE NOW for all the details.

Biotech Stock Alert - 20% Guaranteed Return in One Year

Hedge Funds and Insiders Are Piling Into

One of 2015's best hedge funds and two insiders snapped up shares of this medical device stock recently. We believe its transformative and disruptive device will storm the $3+ billion market and help it achieve 500%-1000% gains in 3 years.

Get your FREE REPORT and the details of our 20% return guarantee today.

Subscribe me to Insider Monkey's Free Daily Newsletter
This is a FREE report from Insider Monkey. Credit Card is NOT required.
Loading Comments...

Thanks! An email with instructions is sent to !

Your email already exists in our database. Click here to go to your subscriptions

Insider Monkey returned 102% in 3 years!! Wondering How?

Download a complete edition of our newsletter for free!