Dear Valued Visitor,

We have noticed that you are using an ad blocker software.

Although advertisements on the web pages may degrade your experience, our business certainly depends on them and we can only keep providing you high-quality research based articles as long as we can display ads on our pages.

To view this article, you can disable your ad blocker and refresh this page or simply login.

We only allow registered users to use ad blockers. You can sign up for free by clicking here or you can login if you are already a member.

Who Did The Boston Bombing? The Details

Who did the Boston bombing? Unless you have been holed up inside without Internet access or a television, you are probably well aware of the latest developments in the Boston Marathon attack. If you have yet to get up to speed with what happened, you may want to check out one of our recent updates here: What Happened At The Boston Marathon Bombing? 12 Dramatic Photos

At this point, there is one very important question on everybody’s mind: who did it? As you can imagine, this is a question that the authorities are trying to answer at the present time. Fortunately, it appears that they are getting closer to finding an answer.

The Boston Globe is reporting (via the AP) that authorities have identified a possible suspect regarding who did the Boston bombing.

An official with information on the investigation said that authorities “have an image of a suspect carrying, and perhaps dropping, a black bag at the second bombing scene on Boylston Street, outside of the Forum restaurant.”

This may be the type of break they need in order to find the suspect and make an arrest.

At this point in time, authorities have yet to release their findings to the public. However, the same Boston Globe article goes on to say that this information could become public as “early as this afternoon.” Additionally, it appears that a surveillance camera at Lord & Taylor, a store located across the street from the bombing, has provided investigators with video of the area. It is unknown whether that camera or another in the area captured the image of the suspect.

Dot Joyce, a spokeswoman for Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino, added the following:

“The camera from Lord & Taylor is the best source of video so far. All I know is that they are making progress.”

Authorities plan to release more information to the media at 5 pm today. This should give everybody a better understanding of what is going on and how the investigation is progressing.

While leaving FBI headquarters earlier today, Police Commissioner Edward F. Davis said “there’s a lot going on” but declined to share any particular information. As of right now, no arrests have been made regarding who did the Boston bombing. It appears that authorities are closing in on a potential suspect and we will keep you up to date this afternoon as additional details are released.

If you’re a bit behind on what exactly happened on Monday, here’s a look:

Here’s a longer look at the situation.

Update 2:19pm EST: NBC News is reporting that “no arrest has been made.” The AP has issued initial reports conflicting with this news. What has been confirmed by more than one source is that there are multiple “people” of interest found via video surveillance, but it is unknown if they are in custody.

Loading Comments...