Dear Valued Visitor,

We have noticed that you are using an ad blocker software.

Although advertisements on the web pages may degrade your experience, our business certainly depends on them and we can only keep providing you high-quality research based articles as long as we can display ads on our pages.

To view this article, you can disable your ad blocker and refresh this page or simply login.

We only allow registered users to use ad blockers. You can sign up for free by clicking here or you can login if you are already a member.

Clifton Robbins’ Blue Harbour Raises Activist Stake to 7.4% In This Financial Stock

Page 1 of 2

Clifton S. RobbinsBlue Harbour Group has recently increased its stake in Investors Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISBC). As a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission showed, Blue Harbour raised its exposure to the company to 26.62 million shares, from 22.34 million shares held earlier. Following the increase, the activist position amasses 7.4% of the company’s outstanding common stock.

Clifton Robbins Blue Harbour

Blue Harbour Group has initiated a position in Investors Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISBC) during the first quarter of 2014, after the company went public in March. Over the course of 2014, the investor has raised its position to 20.46 million shares in August, when it filed its first 13D filing and disclosed going activist on the company. Mr. Robbins’ fund stated that it considers the stock attractive and that it has engaged in discussions with the management and the board of the company and would continue to further discuss matters related to maximizing the shareholder value of Investors Bancorp. Meanwhile, the stock of the $3.90 billion company appreciated by around 4.4% since going public.

Investors Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISBC) is a special situation company that was reorganized from a mutual holding company Investors Bancorp MHC. Following the reorganization, the public shareholders hold 100% of the company, instead of 40% held previously with the other 60% being held by a mutual holding company. Last year, aside from the reorganization, Investors Bancorp, the holding company for Investors Bank, completed the acquisition of Gateway Community Financial Corp and declared a cash dividend of $0.05 per share.

However, even though Blue Harbour went activist on the stock and declared that it has engaged in discussions with the company, it has not specified anything regarding its next moves. However, the fact that the fund has recently upped its stake shows that it has some plans for the company, especially since the position that currently is valued at some $288 million represents more than 11% of Blue Harbour’s equity portfolio and is one of the largest in terms of value.

Page 1 of 2

Biotech Stock Alert - 20% Guaranteed Return in One Year

Hedge Funds and Insiders Are Piling Into

One of 2015's best hedge funds and two insiders snapped up shares of this medical device stock recently. We believe its transformative and disruptive device will storm the $3+ billion market and help it achieve 500%-1000% gains in 3 years.

Get your FREE REPORT and the details of our 20% return guarantee today.

Subscribe me to Insider Monkey's Free Daily Newsletter
This is a FREE report from Insider Monkey. Credit Card is NOT required.
Loading Comments...

Thanks! An email with instructions is sent to !

Your email already exists in our database. Click here to go to your subscriptions

Insider Monkey returned 102% in 3 years!! Wondering How?

Download a complete edition of our newsletter for free!