Insider trading has been a profitable investment strategy for more than 50 years. Insider trading is most profitable when several insiders buy around the same time. Excess returns above index funds were more than 7 percent per year for stocks with intensive insider purchases. Insider Monkey, your source for free insider trading data, compiled the list of companies where at least 3 insiders were buying and the latest purchase was made in October.
1. Camco Financial Corp (CAFI): Six insiders purchased CAFI stock on October 29th at $2.07 per share.
2. Premierwest Bancorp (PRWT): Two insiders purchased PRWT stock in October and a third one bought in September. The last purchase was made by company director James Patterson, on October 29th at $0.39 per share.
3. Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL): Two insiders purchased BNCL stock in October and a third insider bought at the end of August. The August purchase was made at $8.91 per share, and the recent purchases registered a per share price as low as $7.24.
4. Oneida Financial Corp. (ONFC): Richard Myers, a ONFC Board of Directors member, bought 700 shares at $7.50 per share on October 29th. There were two other insiders buying ONFC shares in August and September.
5. First Financial Bankshares Inc (FFIN): Two different insiders purchased FFIN shares at the end of October between $47.1 and $47.25. A third insider purchased 1,000 shares at $46.49 in mid September.
6. Pacific Premier Bancorp Inc (PPBI): Jeff Jones, a PPBI Board of Directors member, bought 3,000 shares at $4.99 on October 29th. There were two other insiders buying at the end of August and at the beginning of September at prices $4 and $4.18.
7. First National Corp (FXNC): Two insiders bought FXNC shares on October 27th, and a third one bought in September.