We emailed our new stock picks a week and today we published our 81-page quarterly newsletter. Our quarterly newsletter -the best investment newsletter- has the following sections:
1. 15 stock picks of our small-cap hedge fund strategy: This strategy returned more than 80.2% since its inception at the end of August 2012. During the same period S&P 500 ETF (SPY) returned only 34.6%. This year S&P 500 Index lost 0.4% whereas our strategy’s picks gained 2.7%. It is a high beta strategy but its alpha is very high too.
2. Stock picks of our new “secret” strategy: We launched this strategy 3 months ago. This strategy’s picks gained 8.9% in its first 3 months and outperformed the SPY by 6 percentage points. This is inline with its historical backtested performance. Over a 10-year backtesting period, this strategy outperformed the market by more than 2 percentage points per month.
3. In depth analysis of these two strategies’ stock picks.
4. The best stock picks of 22 billionaire investors. We analyze each hedge fund manager’s historical 13F filings and identify their strengths and weaknesses. A hedge fund can’t come up with 35 wonderful investment ideas every quarter. We don’t understand why anyone would want to imitate a hedge fund’s entire stock picks. Hedge fund investors can do much better by avoiding ultra-high hedge fund fees and mediocre stock picks.
5. Several lists of most and least popular stocks among the 650 equity hedge funds.
6. Most concentrated positions among hedge funds
7. 25 stocks that are dumped by hedge funds.
8. 22 stocks with highest number of put positions among hedge funds. Hedge funds don’t have to disclose their short positions but we get to see their put options. This list isn’t published anywhere else.