Dear Valued Visitor,

We have noticed that you are using an ad blocker software.

Although advertisements on the web pages may degrade your experience, our business certainly depends on them and we can only keep providing you high-quality research based articles as long as we can display ads on our pages.

To view this article, you can disable your ad blocker and refresh this page or simply login.

We only allow registered users to use ad blockers. You can sign up for free by clicking here or you can login if you are already a member.

Hedge Funds Split on Agricultural Chemical Stocks

Page 1 of 2

Agricultural chemical manufacturing industry can be split into two main components; fertilizers, which constitute about 60% of US industry revenue and pesticides take up the rest of 40%. While fertilizers consist of commodity chemicals that contain nitrogen, phosphorous, or potassium, pesticides are a broader group of chemicals. In this article we will take a look at what smart money investors we track at Insider Monkey think about Agricultural Chemical industry by looking at the five most popular stocks among them.

We track prominent investors and hedge funds because our research has shown that historically their stock picks delivered superior risk-adjusted returns. This is especially true in the small-cap space. The 15 most popular small-cap stocks among a select group of investors delivered a monthly alpha of 80 basis points between 1999 and 2012 (see the details here).

harvester, harvesting, harvest, barley, grain, tractor, field, farming, heartland, sunset, bread, rye, ripe, dust, grow, agriculture, swath, yellow, peasant, growing, ears,

Subbotina Anna/Shutterstock.com

5. CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CF)

– Investors with Long Positions (as of March 31): 32

– Aggregate Value of Investors’ Holdings (as of March 31): $1.02 Billion

The $5.2 billion fertilizer company saw a decline in popularity among hedgies as the total number of funds tracked by us long CF fell by five during the first quarter. CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CF)’s stock price has slid by 45% since the beginning of the year, but it has a dividend yield of 5.37%. The decline comes amid significantly lower-than-expected profit reported by CF Industries for the past several quarters. On August 4, the stock registered a drop of 14% at the opening, the biggest one-day decline in eight years, after CF Industries’ EPS of $0.33 missed the consensus estimate by $0.35, while revenue of $1.13 billion was in line with analysts’ expectations.

 

Follow Cf Industries Holdings Inc. (NYSE:CF)
Trade (NYSE:CF) Now!

4. E I Du Pont De Nemours And Co (NYSE:DD)

– Investors with Long Positions (as of March 31): 32

– Aggregate Value of Investors’ Holdings (as of March 31): $3.24 Billion

The Wilmington-based science and technology company also saw the number of investors bullish on it decline by three during the first three months of 2016. The company is currently in  the process to complete its merger with Dow Chemical Co. and, recently, European antitrust regulators have opened an in-depth investigation into the transaction, citing concerns that it may reduce competition in crop protection, seeds and stifle innovation. For the second quarter, E I Du Pont De Nemours And Co posted better-than-expected figures with EPS of $1.24 topping the estimates of $1.10, while revenue of $7.06 billion was $50 million ahead of expectations.

Follow Dupont E I De Nemours & Co (NYSE:DD)
Trade (NYSE:DD) Now!

Page 1 of 2

Biotech Stock Alert - 20% Guaranteed Return in One Year

Hedge Funds and Insiders Are Piling Into

One of 2015's best hedge funds and two insiders snapped up shares of this medical device stock recently. We believe its transformative and disruptive device will storm the $3+ billion market and help it achieve 500%-1000% gains in 3 years.

Get your FREE REPORT and the details of our 20% return guarantee today.

Subscribe me to Insider Monkey's Free Daily Newsletter
This is a FREE report from Insider Monkey. Credit Card is NOT required.
Loading Comments...
X

Thanks! An email with instructions is sent to !

Your email already exists in our database. Click here to go to your subscriptions

Insider Monkey returned 102% in 3 years!! Wondering How?

Download a complete edition of our newsletter for free!