Several hedge funds made big after Cheniere Energy, Inc (LNG) rose from $6.12 a share at yesterday’s close to finish trading Wednesday at $10.32 a share. The stock price soared after LNG announced it had signed a “20-year contract to sell liquefied natural gas to BG Group Plc,” reports SFGate.
The following funds made the most on the news:
1. Kleinheinz Capital Partners – John Kleinheinz: Gained $18.2 million
2. D E Shaw – D. E. Shaw: Gained $7.9 million
3. Seneca Capital – Douglas Hirsch: Gained $5.7 million
4. Renaissance Technologies – Jim Simons: Gained $4.7 million
5. Kingdon Capital Managemet – Mark Kingdon: Gained $2.3 million
6. Copia Capital – Tim Flannery: Gained $1.9 million
7. Carlson Capital – Clint Carlson: Gained $1.4 million
8. Millennium Management – Israel Englander: Gained $1.1 million
DISCLAIMER: These calculations assume that these hedge funds did not increase or reduce their stock positions in LNG since the end of June. We did not take into account their option positions.