Apple Inc. (AAPL) surges more than 6% on Wednesday after the company reported first quarter EPS of $13.87 late on Tuesday, compared to $6.43 last year, beating analysts’ estimate of $10.08. For the second quarter, the company expects to report EPS of about $8.50, compared to analysts’ estimate of $8.04.
AAPL closed on Tuesday at $420.41, and is trading at $448.78 at 11:37AM EST on Wednesday, corresponding to a 6.75% or $28.37 increase. Several hedge funds may reveal large gains due to Apple’s outperforming.
1. Citadel Investment Group – Ken Griffin: gains $69.05 million
2. D. E. Shaw – David E. Shaw: gains $68.28 million
3. Discovery Capital Management – Rob Citrone: gains $62.33 million
4. Lone Pine Capital – Stephen Mandel: gains $58.43 million
5. Tiger Global Management – Chase Coleman: gains $48.08 million
6. Coatue Management – Philippe Laffont: gains $37.82 million
7. Greenlight Capital – David Einhorn: gains $37.27 million
8. Adage Capital Management – Phill Gross and Robert Atchinson: gains $36.19 million
9. Blue Ridge Capital – John Griffin: gains $34.04 million
10. Columbus Circle Investors – Donald Chiboucis: gains $32.36 million
DISCLAIMER: These calculations assume that these hedge funds did not increase or reduce their stock positions in AAPL since the end of September. We did not take into account their option positions.