Insider Monkey’s 2012 Q3 hedge fund 13F filings database is updated now. Our database covers more than 400 hedge funds and prominent investors. Let us know if you want us track a hedge fund you like.
The second issue of Insider Monkey’s hedge fund newsletter will be published next week. Our newsletter covers the following topics:
-A detailed analysis of the changes in the portfolios of the 22 most reputable hedge funds. Warren Buffett, Ray Dalio, John Paulson, Carl Icahn, Steven Cohen, David Einhorn, and David Tepper are some of the hedge fund managers we cover extensively
-In-depth coverage of six hedge fund favorites. The list of 15 stocks we shared in this newsletter managed to beat the market by an average of more than 20 percentage points annually between 1999 and 2009
-A dissection of the aggregate hedge fund holdings by a look at the most popular stocks among hedge funds, hedge funds’ least favorite stocks, and stocks with the large changes in hedge fund ownership
-A list of the BEST STOCK PICKS OF THE BEST HEDGE MANAGERS
In order to find out the stock picks of the two strategies developed by our research team, you need to become a premium subscriber. We won’t be publicly sharing the stock picks of our “secret” strategy. However, the details of our second strategy is public information. In the first issue of our newsletter this strategy picked 15 stocks for our subscribers and 13 of these stocks were publicly trading at the time of publication (2 of the stocks were acquired before the publication date). These 13 stocks returned an average of 4.24% as of Friday, vs. a loss of 2.88% for the S&P 500 ETF (SPY). Here are the top 5 stock picks of this strategy and their returns:
1. United Rentals (NYSE:URI) gained 20.55% since the end of August.
2. Lennar Corp (NYSE:LEN) gained 11.55% since the end of August.
3. Amylin Pharmaceuticals (AMLN): Bristol Myers Squibb acquired AMLN before we had a chance to buy the stock.
4. Gen Probe Inc (GPRO) was acquired by Hologic Inc on August 1st, so we couldn’t invest in it.
5. Visteon Corp (NYSE:VC) gained 5.24% since the end of August. During the same time frame S&P 500 ETF (SPY) lost 2.88%. So each of these stocks managed to beat the market by more than 8 percentage points in less than 3 months.
Subscribe now to access this strategy’s 15 new stock picks.