Corporate Refresh Supports Intel Corporation (INTC); Momentum To Continue

This time Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) has succeeded to pass on the message that the weakness in the PC industry is almost over as the company reported a robust second quarter results. Though a major portion of its revenue is still contributed by the business buyers, the company is hopeful that consumers too will soon show significant interest in the PCs.

IntelLogo

CNBC has discussed a statement of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC)’s CEO, Brian M. Krzanich, outlining his views over the factors driving the business.

Krzanich said, “It’s driven by the big  firm factors, the 400 or the 600 million systems four years or older, new price points and window xp in the life end. So all of those things are coming together to drive this.”

Krzanich said that the company believes the corporate PC refresh to last till the end of the current year, and so they have built it in their forecast for this year. Also, Krzanich said that the impact of ramp up in its chips production reflect into the company’s fourth quarter gross margins.

Though the company has not reported any major attention from the consumer segment, but they are expecting the new chips will be able to record some success this year, particularly, the developed markets.According to a rough estimate of business revenues split between business and consumers, Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) projects that 60% of it are contributed by the consumers segment and the rest 40% is from the business. The company is optimistic that the sales in the consumer segment would pick up, supported by continued momentum in small and medium enterprise refresh. The recent softening in demand of tablets further strengthens Intel’s optimism.

Summarizing the results, Intel closed the second quarter with $2.8 billion net income that is $0.55 per share, in comparison to $2 billion or $0.39 per share during the previous year. The revenues too scaled higher by 8% to $13.83 billion. Following the news, the shares of the company jumped by nearly 5% to $33.25, its 15-year high.


Disclosure: none

blog comments powered by Disqus
Insider Monkey Headlines
Insider Monkey Small Cap Strategy
Insider Monkey Small Cap Strategy

Insider Monkey beat the market by 52 percentage points in 24 months Click to see monthly returns in table format!

Lists

The Top 10 States With Fastest Internet Speeds

10 Best Places to Visit in USA in August

Top 10 Cities to Visit Before You Die

Top 10 Genetically Modified Food In the US

15 Highest Grossing Movies Opening Weekend

5 Best Poker Books For Beginners

10 Strategies Hedge Funds Use to Make Huge Returns

Top 10 Fast Food Franchises to Buy

10 Best Places to Visit in Canada

Best Summer Jobs for Teachers

10 Youngest Hedge Fund Billionaires

Top 10 One Hit Wonders of the 90s

Fastest Growing Cities In America

Top 10 U.S. Cities for Freelancers

Top 9 Most Popular Free iPhone Apps

Top 10 Least Expensive Private Business Schools in the US

Top 15 Most Expensive Countries in the World – 2014

Top Businesses to Invest In

Top 5 Things You Might Be Doing Wrong With Your Business

Top 5 Strategic Technology Trends in 2014

Top Rags to Riches Stories

Parenting Behavior That Promotes Future Leaders

Top 5 Mistakes Made by Small Businesses

Top 5 Most Common and Potentially Devastating Financial Blunders

Top 5 Highest Paying Jobs for Web Designers

Top 6 Most Respected Professions that Also Pay Well

Top 5 Pitfalls Investors Should Avoid

Top 6 Lawyers and Policy Makers Under 30

Top 6 New Year’s Resolutions for Entrepreneurs

Top 7 Locations to Check in on Facebook

Top 5 Mistakes made by Rookie eBay Sellers

Top 7 eBook Publishers in 2013

Top 6 Health Industry Trends in 2014

5 Lessons for Entrepreneurs from Seth Godin

Top 5 Success Tips from Jordan Belfort – the Wolf of Wall Street

Best Master’s in Finance Degree Programs

Top 6 Earning Celebrities Over 50

The most expensive sports to play

Top 7 Earning Celebrities Under 25

Best 7 Online Courses to Take: Free Finance MOOCs

Top 6 Bad Habits that Promote Failure

20 Most Valuable Soccer Teams in the World in 2013

12 Most Expensive Countries for Foreign Students

Top 30 Most Influential Women in the World

Top 20 Most Expensive New Year Eve Shows

Top 5 Best Vocational Careers

Top 10 Jobs for 2014 by Salary Gain (Predictions)

Top 5 Digital Trends for 2014

Top 6 Things You Can Do To Increase Your Productivity

Top 9 Trending Smartphones in 2013

Subscribe

Enter your email:

Delivered by FeedBurner

X

Thanks! An email with instructions is sent to !

Your email already exists in our database. Click here to go to your subscriptions

Insider Monkey returned 47.6% in its first year! Wondering How?

Download a complete edition of our newsletter for free!