Walter Energy (WLT), a producer and exporter of metallurgical coal, soared 21.32% after the London based Times said Anglo American Plc (AAL) may be considering an offer of $120 per share to takeover Walter Energy. The stock gained more than $15.99 so far today.
Here are the five hedge funds earned most from WLT:
1. Highbridge Capital Management – Glenn Russell Dubin: Gained $24.6 Million
2. York Capital Management – James Dinan: Gained $17.1 Million
3. Pennant Capital Management – Alan Fournier: Gained $16.6 Million
4. Paulson & Co – John Paulson: Gained $16.0 Million
5. Chilton Investment Company – Richard Chilton: Gained $15.2 Million
You can see the rest of the winners here. These calculations assumed that these hedge funds didn’t change their stock positions in Walter Energy (WLT) since the end of June. We also didn’t take into account their option positions.