- Accession Number:
- Form Type:
- Zero Holdings:
- Publication Time:
- 2012-03-01 11:31:32
- Reporting Period:
- Filing Date:
- Accepted Time:
- 2012-03-01 11:31:32
- SEC Url:
- Form 4 Filing
|Cik||Name||Symbol||Sector (SIC)||IRS No|
|750556||Suntrust Banks Inc||STI||National Commercial Banks (6021)||581575035|
|Cik||Name||Reported Address||Insider Title||Director||Officer||Large Shareholder||Other|
|1300651||A Mark Chancy||303 Peachtree Street, N.e. |
Atlanta GA 30308
|Corp. Evp-Wholesale Bank Exec||No||Yes||No||No|
|Sec. Name||Acquisiton - Disposition||Date||Amount||Price||Remaning Holdings||Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|Sec. Name||Remaning Holdings||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|Sec. Name||Sec. Type||Price||Date||Expiration Date||Amount||Remaning Holdings||Nature of Ownership|
|Common Stock||Phantom Stock||$0.00||2,226||2,226||Direct|
|Common Stock||Phantom Stock||$0.00||16,312||16,312||Direct|
|Common Stock||Phantom Stock||$0.00||10,508||10,508||Direct|
|Expiration Date||Amount||Remaning Holdings||Nature of Ownership|
- Shares were sold at prices ranging from $22 .655 to $22.82, with an average sale price of $22.7727.
- Because the stock fund component of the 401(k) Plan is accounted for in unit accounting, the number of share equivalents varies based on the closing price of SunTrust stock on the applicable measurement date.
- Restricted stock granted under SunTrust Banks, Inc. 2004 Stock Plan and the 2009 Stock Plan. Restricted stock agreements contain tax withholding features allowing stock to be withheld to satisfy tax withholding obligations. This plan is exempt under Rule 16(b)-3.
- The phantom stock units were acquired under SunTrust Banks, Inc.'s Deferred Compensation Plan. These securities convert to common stock on a one-for-one basis.
- Represents stock units granted under the SunTrust Banks, Inc. 2009 Stock Plan and paid as salary. Reflects settlement of one-half in case on March 31, 2011. Remainder will be settled on March 31, 2012, unless settled earlierdue to the executive's death.
- Reflects satisfaction of performance vesting condition (Tier 1 Capital) as of December 31, 2011 with respect to restricted stock units originally granted under the SunTrust Banks, Inc. 2009 Stock Plan on April 1, 2011. Grant was exempt pursuant to Rule 16b-3. Award remains subject to time-vesting criterion and will vest pro rata annually (i.e. one-third each year) and will vest post-retirement provided certain noncompetition and other restrictive covenants are performed.
- Granted pursuant to the SunTrust Banks, Inc. 2000 Stock Plan.
- Granted pursuant to the SunTrust Banks, Inc. 2004 Stock Plan.
- Granted pursuant to the SunTrust Banks, Inc. 2009 Stock Plan. Award vests annually over the next three years.