Filing Details

Accession Number:
0001562180-21-001787
Form Type:
4
Zero Holdings:
No
Publication Time:
2021-03-02 16:10:39
Reporting Period:
2021-02-26
Accepted Time:
2021-03-02 16:10:39
SEC Url:
Form 4 Filing
Issuer
Cik Name Symbol Sector (SIC) IRS No
1517022 Akebia Therapeutics Inc. AKBA Pharmaceutical Preparations (2834) 208756903
Insiders
Cik Name Reported Address Insider Title Director Officer Large Shareholder Other
1591467 P. John Butler C/o Akebia Therapeutics, Inc.
245 First Street
Cambridge MA 02142
Ceo And President No No No No
Reported Non-Derivative Transactions
Sec. Name Acquisiton - Disposition Date Amount Price Remaning Holdings Equity Swap Involved Form Type Code Nature of Ownership Explanation
Common Stock Acquisiton 2021-02-26 237,400 $0.00 1,166,732 No 4 A Direct
Common Stock Disposition 2021-03-01 25,316 $3.40 1,141,416 No 4 S Direct
Common Stock Disposition 2021-03-01 24,674 $3.40 1,116,742 No 4 S Direct
Equity Swap Involved Form Type Code Nature of Ownership Explanation
No 4 A Direct
No 4 S Direct
No 4 S Direct
Reported Derivative Transactions
Sec. Name Sec. Type Acquisiton - Disposition Date Amount Price Amount - 2 Price - 2
Common Stock Employee Stock Option (Right to buy) Acquisiton 2021-02-26 403,600 $0.00 403,600 $3.46
Remaning Holdings Exercise Date Expiration Date Equity Swap Involved Transaction Form Type Transaction Code Nature of Ownership
403,600 2031-02-26 No 4 A Direct
Reported Non-Derivative Holdings
Sec. Name Remaning Holdings Nature of Ownership Explanation
Common Stock 59,928 Indirect Held by Dorothy Butler 2019 GRAT
Common Stock 100,000 Indirect Held By Dorothy Butler GRAT November 2019
Common Stock 31,047 Indirect Held by Dorothy Butler Revocable Trust 2007
Common Stock 59,928 Indirect Held by John Butler 2019 GRAT
Common Stock 100,000 Indirect Held By John Butler GRAT November 2019
Common Stock 31,047 Indirect Held by John Butler Revocable Trust 2007
Footnotes
  1. The restricted stock units were granted by the Issuer pursuant to its 2014 Incentive Plan, as amended. One third of the restricted stock units will vest on each of the first, second and third anniversaries of the grant date, subject to the reporting person's continued service with the Issuer on each vesting date.
  2. Includes 1,500 shares of the Issuer's common stock purchased on June 30, 2020 and 1,200 shares of the Issuer's common stock purchased on December 31, 2020, each under the Issuer's 2014 Amended and Restated Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and transfer of shares of the Issuer's common stock which were contributed to two grantor retained annuity trusts.
  3. This sale was made automatically by the Issuer to cover tax withholding obligations in connection with the vesting and settlement of one-third of the reporting person's restricted stock units granted on February 28, 2019.
  4. This sale was made automatically by the Issuer to cover tax withholding obligations in connection with the vesting and settlement of one-third of the reporting person's restricted stock units granted on February 28, 2020.
  5. The options were granted by the Issuer pursuant to its 2014 Incentive Plan, as amended. The options will vest over four years: 25% of the options will vest on the first anniversary of the grant date with the remaining 75% vesting in equal quarterly installments thereafter, subject to the reporting person's continued service with the Issuer on each vesting date.