- Accession Number:
- Form Type:
- Zero Holdings:
- Publication Time:
- 2011-04-04 12:18:50
- Reporting Period:
- Filing Date:
- Accepted Time:
- 2011-04-04 12:18:50
- SEC Url:
- Form 4 Filing
|Cik||Name||Symbol||Sector (SIC)||IRS No|
|876883||Mdc Partners Inc||MDCA||Services-Advertising Agencies (7311)||980364441|
|Cik||Name||Reported Address||Insider Title||Director||Officer||Large Shareholder||Other|
|1409510||B. David Doft||C/o Mdc Partners Inc. |
950 Third Avenue
New York NY 10022
|Chief Financial Officer||No||Yes||No||No|
Reported Non-Derivative Transactions
|Sec. Name||Acquisiton - Disposition||Date||Amount||Price||Remaning Holdings||Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|Class A Shares||Disposition||2011-03-30||10,000||$16.37||106,179||No||4||S||Direct|
|Class A Shares||Disposition||2011-03-31||5,000||$16.54||101,179||No||4||S||Direct|
|Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
Reported Non-Derivative Holdings
|Sec. Name||Remaning Holdings||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|Class A Shares||1,000||Indirect||See FN|
Reported Derivative Holdings
|Sec. Name||Sec. Type||Price||Date||Expiration Date||Amount||Remaning Holdings||Nature of Ownership|
|Class A Shares||Stock Appreciation Rights||$3.72||2010-02-12||2014-02-12||128,205||128,205||Direct|
|Restricted Stock||Extraordinary Equity Value Appre. Restricted Stock Awards||$0.00||2013-12-31||45,000||45,000||Direct|
|Expiration Date||Amount||Remaning Holdings||Nature of Ownership|
- Held in a UTMA account for benefit of a minor child of the Reporting Person.
- The price reported in column 4 is a weighted average price. These shares were sold in multiple transactions at prices ranging from $16.32 to $16.50 on March 30, 2011 and $16.50 to $16.60 on March 31, 2011, inclusive. The reporting person undertakes to provide to MDC Partners Inc., any security holder of MDC Partners Inc., or the staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission, upon request, full information regarding the number of shares sold at each separate price within the ranges set forth in footnote (3) to this Form 4.
- In connection with the referenced sale, the Reporting Person has reconfirmed his commitment to continue to comply with the Company's Stock Ownership Guidelines. The sale by the Reporting Person represents less than 15% of such individual's holdings, and was made for portfolio diversification purposes.
- SARs granted February 12, 2009, vested 33% on the first anniversary of the grant date, 33% vest on the second anniversary of the grant date, and 34% vest on the third anniversary of the grant date, and all expire on February 12, 2014. These SARs may be settled in cash or stock, at the discretion of the Issuer.
- These Extraordinary Equity Value Appreciation Restricted Stock Awards ("EVARs") granted under the Issuer's EVARs program (previously disclosed by the Issuer on Form 8-K dated January 26, 2011) represent the right to receive shares of Restricted Stock on a one-to-one basis upon the Issuer's achievement of stock price targets equal to $20.00 (15,000 EVARs), $22.75 (15,000 EVARs) and $26.25 (15,000 EVARs), as described in greater detail in the EVAR Letter Agreement.