- Accession Number:
- Form Type:
- Zero Holdings:
- Publication Time:
- 2019-06-19 19:25:28
- Reporting Period:
- Accepted Time:
- 2019-06-19 19:25:28
- SEC Url:
- Form 4 Filing
|Cik||Name||Symbol||Sector (SIC)||IRS No|
|912766||Laureate Education Inc.||LAUR||Services-Educational Services (8200)||521492296|
|Cik||Name||Reported Address||Insider Title||Director||Officer||Large Shareholder||Other|
|1011193||Christopher Ruldolf Saric Hoehn||C/o Sterling Partners, |
401 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 3300
Chicago IL 60611
|Sec. Name||Acquisiton - Disposition||Date||Amount||Price||Remaning Holdings||Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|Class A Common Stock||Acquisiton||2019-06-17||701,819||$0.00||701,819||No||4||C||Indirect||By Wengen Alberta, Limited Partnership|
|Class A Common Stock||Disposition||2019-06-17||701,819||$15.30||0||No||4||S||Indirect||By Wengen Alberta, Limited Partnership|
|Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|No||4||C||Indirect||By Wengen Alberta, Limited Partnership|
|No||4||S||Indirect||By Wengen Alberta, Limited Partnership|
|Sec. Name||Sec. Type||Acquisiton - Disposition||Date||Amount||Price||Amount - 2||Price - 2|
|Class A Common Stock||Class B Common Stock||Disposition||2019-06-17||701,819||$0.00||701,819||$0.00|
|Remaning Holdings||Exercise Date||Expiration Date||Equity Swap Involved||Transaction Form Type||Transaction Code||Nature of Ownership|
- Represents the number of shares that were acquired upon conversion of Class B Common Stock to Class A Common Stock.
- The shares of Class A Common Stock were sold in an underwritten public offering in which Wengen Alberta, Limited Partnership ("Wengen") was the sole selling stockholder.
- Each share of Class B Common Stock of Laureate Education, Inc. (the "Issuer") is convertible into one share of Class A Common Stock upon the election of the holder or upon transfer, subject to the terms of the Issuer's Amended and Restated Certificate of Incorporation.
- An aggregate of 701,819 shares of Class B common stock converted automatically into 701,819 shares of Class A common stock upon transfer to the underwriter in connection with the public offering.
- Shares of Class B Common Stock are held directly by Wengen. Wengen Investments Limited ("Wengen GP") is the general partner of Wengen. Certain investors, including, but not limited to, certain investment funds and other persons affiliated with or managed by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P., CPV Partners, LLC, StepStone Group LP, Sterling Fund Management, LLC and Snow Phipps Group, LLC (collectively, the "Wengen Investors"), have interests in the Issuer through Wengen. Affiliates of the Reporting Person and the other Wengen Investors have designated representatives who serve as members of the board of directors of Wengen GP.
- Sterling Capital Partners II, L.P. ("SCP II LP") may be deemed to indirectly beneficially own these shares of Class B Common Stock in the Issuer by virtue of its limited partnership interest in Wengen. SC Partners II, L.P. ("SC Partners II") is the general partner of SCP II LP, and Sterling Capital Partners II, LLC ("SCP II LLC") is the general partner of SC Partners II. Douglas L. Becker, Steven M. Taslitz and the Reporting Person are the managers of SCP II LLC, but, as memorialized in a memorandum of understanding, Mr. Becker does not share voting or investment power over these shares.
- The shares of Class B Common Stock shown as beneficially owned in this report do not include other shares beneficially owned directly or indirectly, through Wengen or otherwise, by the Reporting Person.
- The Reporting Person disclaims beneficial ownership of these securities except to the extent of the Reporting Person's pecuniary interest therein, and the inclusion of these shares in this report shall not be deemed an admission of beneficial ownership of all of the reported shares for purposes of Section 16 or for any other purpose.