- Accession Number:
- Form Type:
- Zero Holdings:
- Publication Time:
- 2019-05-09 16:29:38
- Reporting Period:
- Accepted Time:
- 2019-05-09 16:29:38
- SEC Url:
- Form 4 Filing
|Cik||Name||Symbol||Sector (SIC)||IRS No|
|1364250||Douglas Emmett Inc||DEI||Real Estate Investment Trusts (6798)||203073047|
|Cik||Name||Reported Address||Insider Title||Director||Officer||Large Shareholder||Other|
|1378407||A Dan Emmett||1299 Ocean Avenue |
Santa Monica CA 90401
|Chairman Of The Board||Yes||Yes||No||No|
Reported Non-Derivative Transactions
|Sec. Name||Acquisiton - Disposition||Date||Amount||Price||Remaning Holdings||Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|Common Stock||Acquisiton||2019-04-05||40,000||$0.00||1,289,870||No||4||J||Indirect||See footnote 2.|
|Common Stock||Disposition||2019-05-08||40,000||$40.78||1,249,870||No||4||S||Indirect||See footnote 4.|
|Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|No||4||J||Indirect||See footnote 2.|
|No||4||S||Indirect||See footnote 4.|
Reported Derivative Transactions
|Sec. Name||Sec. Type||Acquisiton - Disposition||Date||Amount||Price||Amount - 2||Price - 2|
|Common Stock||Operating Partnership Units||Disposition||2019-04-05||40,000||$0.00||40,000||$0.00|
|Remaning Holdings||Exercise Date||Expiration Date||Equity Swap Involved||Transaction Form Type||Transaction Code||Nature of Ownership|
- Common stock ("Common Stock") of Issuer acquired by the Daniel W. Emmett Revocable Trust (the "DWE Trust") upon redemption and exchange of partnership common units ("OP Units") of Douglas Emmett Properties, LP, a Delaware limited partnership (the "Operating Partnership"). Upon the occurrence of certain events, OP Units are redeemable and may be exchanged without consideration, by the holder, for an equivalent number of shares ("Shares") of Common Stock or for the cash value of such Shares, at Issuer's option. Issuer is the sole stockholder of the general partner of the Operating Partnership.
- Common stock beneficially owned includes (i) an aggregate of 1,183,870 Shares held by the Dan A. Emmett Revocable Trust (the "Emmett Trust"), and (ii) 106,000 Shares held by certain trusts f/b/o Reporting Person's children of which Reporting Person is a trustee with sole voting and dispositive power but disclaims beneficial ownership therein.
- Represents the weighted average sales price. The Shares were sold at prices ranging from $40.68 to $40.92 per share. Full information regarding the number of Shares sold at each price shall be provided to the Securities and Exchange Commission staff, Issuer or any security holder, upon request.
- Common stock beneficially owned includes (i) an aggregate of 1,183,870 Shares held by the Emmett Trust, and (ii) 66,000 Shares held by certain trusts f/b/o Reporting Person's children of which Reporting Person is a trustee with sole voting and dispositive power but disclaims beneficial ownership therein.
- OP Units have an economic interest equivalent to one share of the Issuer's common stock. Upon the occurrence of certain events, OP Units are redeemable and may be exchanged, without consideration, by the holder for an equivalent number of Shares or for the cash value of such Shares, at Issuer's option.
- OP Units of the Operating Partnership tendered to Issuer by the DWE Trust for redemption and exchange in accordance with the terms of the Limited Partnership Agreement of the Operating Partnership.
- Not applicable.
- Reporting Person's derivative securities include (i) 3,422,104 OP Units of which 770,126 OP Units are held by certain trusts f/b/o Reporting Person's children and spouse (collectively, the "Family Trusts") of which Reporting Person is a trustee, (ii) 3,169 LTIP Units granted under Issuer's 2006 Omnibus Stock Incentive Plan, as amended, and (iii) 2,442 LTIP Units, 3,043 LTIP Units and 3,360 LTIP Units granted respectively in 2016, 2017 and 2018 pursuant to Issuer's 2016 Omnibus Stock Incentive Plan. Reporting Person disclaims beneficial ownership of OP Units held by the Family Trusts, except to the extent of his pecuniary interest, if any, therein.