- Accession Number:
- Form Type:
- Zero Holdings:
- Publication Time:
- 2017-12-19 17:00:48
- Reporting Period:
- Accepted Time:
- 2017-12-19 17:00:48
- Original Submission Date:
- SEC Url:
- Form 4 Filing
|Cik||Name||Symbol||Sector (SIC)||IRS No|
|814453||Newell Brands Inc||NWL||Plastics Products, Nec (3089)||363514169|
|Cik||Name||Reported Address||Insider Title||Director||Officer||Large Shareholder||Other|
|1093725||H G Ian Ashken||C/o Newell Brands |
221 River Street
Hoboken NJ 07030
|Sec. Name||Acquisiton - Disposition||Date||Amount||Price||Remaning Holdings||Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|Common Stock||Disposition||2017-10-02||511,322||$29.60||511,374||No||4||S||Indirect||By IGHA Holdings, LLLP|
|Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|No||4||S||Indirect||By IGHA Holdings, LLLP|
- Prior to the sale transaction reported herein, through a series of direct and indirect transfers for estate planning purposes, all of which were exempt from Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the "Exchange Act") pursuant to Rule 16a-13 promulgated thereunder, the reporting person transferred all of his interest in the shares previously reported as owned by the reporting person to a newly formed limited liability limited partnership, IGHA Holdings, LLLP (the "LLLP"), of which the reporting person was, at the time of such transfer, the indirect general partner and holder of all general partnership interests of the LLLP and the indirect sole limited partner and holder of all limited partnership interests of LLLP (such limited partnership interests being the "LP Interests").
- Following the sale transaction reported herein, the reporting person will continue to control the general partner of the LLLP. As a result of the foregoing, the reporting person may be deemed to have beneficial ownership (as determined under Section 16 of the Exchange Act) of the shares held by the LLLP to the extent of his pecuniary interest therein.
- On October 2, 2017, the reporting person sold the LP Interest to a trust for an installment note as further described in footnote 4 below.
- The reported price is the portion of the fair market value of the LP Interest for federal gift tax purposes representing the value of the shares reported as sold herein, as determined pursuant to a third-party appraisal.