- Accession Number:
- Form Type:
- Zero Holdings:
- Publication Time:
- 2017-08-21 19:14:38
- Reporting Period:
- Accepted Time:
- 2017-08-21 18:14:38
- SEC Url:
- Form 4 Filing
|Cik||Name||Symbol||Sector (SIC)||IRS No|
|1364250||Douglas Emmett Inc||DEI||Real Estate Investment Trusts (6798)||203073047|
|Cik||Name||Reported Address||Insider Title||Director||Officer||Large Shareholder||Other|
|1378407||A Dan Emmett||808 Wilshire Boulevard |
Santa Monica CA 90401
|Chairman Of The Board||Yes||Yes||No||No|
Reported Non-Derivative Transactions
|Sec. Name||Acquisiton - Disposition||Date||Amount||Price||Remaning Holdings||Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|Common Stock||Disposition||2017-07-05||44,127||$0.00||1,542,625||No||5||G||Indirect||See footnote 5.|
|Common Stock||Disposition||2017-08-17||100,000||$37.96||1,442,625||No||4||S||Indirect||See footnote 5.|
|Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|No||5||G||Indirect||See footnote 5.|
|No||4||S||Indirect||See footnote 5.|
- The sales reported herein were effected pursuant to a Rule 10b5-1 trading plan entered into by the Dan A. Emmett Revocable Trust (the "Emmett Trust") as of November 23, 2016.
- The aggregate number of shares ("Shares") of common stock ("Common Stock") of Issuer sold by the Emmett Trust on the same day at different prices.
- Represents the weighted average sales price. The Shares were sold at prices ranging from $37.845 to $38.14 per share. Full information regarding the number of Shares sold at each price shall be provided to the Staff, Issuer or any security holder, upon request.
- Following the transactions reported herein, Reporting Person continues to beneficially own 4,976,340 Common Stock equivalents, including Common Stock of Issuer, partnership common units ("OP Units") and long term incentive plan units ("LTIP Units") of Douglas Emmett Properties, LP (the "Operating Partnership"). Upon vesting and certain additional criteria, each LTIP Unit can be converted into one OP Unit. Upon the occurrence of certain events, OP Units are redeemable and may be exchanged without consideration by the holder for an equivalent number of Shares or for the cash value of such Shares, at Issuer's option. Issuer is the sole stockholder of the general partner of the Operating Partnership.
- Reporting Person may be deemed to beneficially own (A) Common Stock including (i) an aggregate of 1,442,625 Shares owned by the Emmett Trust, and (ii) 66,000 Shares owned by certain trusts f/b/o Reporting Person's children (the "Children's Trusts") of which Reporting Person is a trustee with voting and investment power; and (B) derivative securities including (i) 810,126 OP Units held by the Children's Trusts and a trust f/b/o the Reporting Person's spouse (collectively, the "Family Trusts") of which Reporting Person is a trustee, (ii) 3,169 LTIP Units granted under Issuer's 2006 Omnibus Stock Incentive Plan, as amended, and (iii) 2,442 LTIP Units granted under Issuer's 2016 Omnibus Stock Incentive Plan. Reporting Person disclaims beneficial ownership of Common Stock held by the Children's Trusts and OP Units held by the Family Trusts, except to the extent of his pecuniary interest, if any, therein.