- Accession Number:
- Form Type:
- Zero Holdings:
- Publication Time:
- 2014-10-14 13:03:07
- Reporting Period:
- Filing Date:
- Accepted Time:
- 2014-10-14 13:03:07
- Original Submission Date:
- SEC Url:
- Form 4 Filing
|Cik||Name||Symbol||Sector (SIC)||IRS No|
|886163||Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc||LGND||Pharmaceutical Preparations (2834)||770160744|
|Cik||Name||Reported Address||Insider Title||Director||Officer||Large Shareholder||Other|
|808722||M David Knott||485 Underhill Blvd |
Syosset NY 11791-3419
Reported Non-Derivative Transactions
|Sec. Name||Acquisiton - Disposition||Date||Amount||Price||Remaning Holdings||Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
Reported Non-Derivative Holdings
|Sec. Name||Remaning Holdings||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|Common Stock||972,100||Indirect||By Knott Partners, L.P.|
|Common Stock||233,361||Indirect||By Shoshone Partners, L.P.|
|Common Stock||40,796||Indirect||By Knott Partners Offshore Master Fund, L.P.|
|Common Stock||1,666||Indirect||By Managed Account C|
|Common Stock||1,843||Indirect||By immediate family member|
- The Reporting Person is the managing member of Knott Partners Management, LLC, which is (a) the sole general partner of Shoshone Partners, L.P., and Knott Partners Offshore Master Fund, L.P. and (b) the managing general partner of Knott Partners, L.P. The Reporting Person is also a general partner of Knott Partners, L.P.
- The Reporting Person is the sole director and the president of Dorset Management Corporation, which provides investment management services to separate institutional managed accounts (each, a "Managed Account"), and (b) the spouse of the immediate family member (the "Spouse").
- As a result of the Reporting Person's interests in Knott Partners Management, LLC and in Dorset Management Corporation, the Reporting Person has investment discretion and control over the securities in this entry. Except with respect to those securities held by the Spouse, the Reporting Person may be deemed indirectly to beneficially own the securities in this entry as a result of a performance related fee. Except with respect to the Reporting Person's beneficial interest in Knott Partners, L.P., Knott Partners Offshore Master Fund, L.P., and Shoshone Partners, L.P., the Reporting Person disclaims beneficial ownership of the securities beneficially owned by the Managed Account, except to the extent ultimately realized. Each of Knott Partners, L.P., Knott Partners Offshore Master Fund, L.P., Shoshone Partners, L.P., the Managed Account and the Spouse disclaims beneficial ownership of securities reported as owned by any other party.
- These securities, as represented in Column 5, include a grant of (a) 333 restricted shares issued in lieu of one-half of the annual cash retainer at the Company's annual meeting of its shareholders on June 4, 2014 (the "2014 Meeting"), which shares are immediately vested, and (b) 1,151 restricted shares acquired by a grant of the Board of Directors of the Company at the 2014 Meeting, which shares will vest in full on the first anniversary of the grant date.