- Accession Number:
- Form Type:
- Zero Holdings:
- Publication Time:
- 2014-02-26 17:24:30
- Reporting Period:
- Filing Date:
- Accepted Time:
- 2014-02-26 17:24:30
- SEC Url:
- Form 4 Filing
|Cik||Name||Symbol||Sector (SIC)||IRS No|
|6951||Applied Materials Inc||AMAT||Semiconductors & Related Devices (3674)||941655526|
|Cik||Name||Reported Address||Insider Title||Director||Officer||Large Shareholder||Other|
|1322349||Randhir Thakur||C/o Applied Materials, Inc. |
P.o. Box 58039, 3050 Bowers Av, M/s 1268
Santa Clara CA 95054
|Evp & Gm, Silicon Systems||No||Yes||No||No|
Reported Non-Derivative Transactions
|Sec. Name||Acquisiton - Disposition||Date||Amount||Price||Remaning Holdings||Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|Equity Swap Involved||Form Type||Code||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
Reported Derivative Transactions
|Sec. Name||Sec. Type||Acquisiton - Disposition||Date||Amount||Price||Amount - 2||Price - 2|
|Common Stock||Employee Stock Option (Right to Buy)||Disposition||2014-02-24||100,000||$0.00||100,000||$8.58|
|Remaning Holdings||Exercise Date||Expiration Date||Equity Swap Involved||Transaction Form Type||Transaction Code||Nature of Ownership|
Reported Non-Derivative Holdings
|Sec. Name||Remaning Holdings||Nature of Ownership||Explanation|
|Common Stock||4,198||Indirect||By 401(k) Plan|
- Represents an exercise of a stock option granted on March 9, 2009 that would have expired on March 9, 2014, if not exercised.
- Number of shares includes: (a) 845,500 performance shares previously reported that in the future will be converted on a one-for-one basis into shares of Applied Materials, Inc. common stock upon vesting, which vesting will be scheduled to occur as follows: (i) 62,500 shares are scheduled to vest in December 2014; (ii) provided specified performance goals are achieved, 483,000 shares will be scheduled to vest in installments during each December of 2014 through 2016, which number of shares is the target amount, and the actual number of shares that may vest ranges from 0% to 150% of the target amount, depending on the achievement of specified performance goals; and (iii) provided specified performance goals are achieved, 300,000 shares will be scheduled to vest in installments during each July of 2014 through 2016, which number of shares is the target amount, and the actual number of shares that may vest ranges from 0% to 150% of the target amount, depending on the achievement of specified performance goals; and (b) provided specified performance goals are achieved, 17,000 shares of restricted stock will be scheduled to vest in installments during each December of 2014 and 2015, which number of shares is the target amount, and the actual number of shares that may vest ranges from 0% to 150% of the target amount, depending on the achievement of specified performance goals (all vesting is subject to continued employment through each applicable vest date).
- The price reported in Column 4 is a weighted average price. These shares were sold in multiple transactions at prices ranging from $19.18 to $19.28, inclusive. The reporting person undertakes to provide to Applied Materials, Inc., any security holder of Applied Materials, Inc., or the staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission, upon request, full information regarding the number of shares sold at each separate price within the ranges set forth in footnote 3 to this Form 4.
- Increased number of shares reflects periodic payroll acquisitions under the 401(k) Plan that are exempt under Rule 16b-3.
- Shares became exercisable in installments beginning on April 1, 2010.